Your opinion? Monarch caterpillar.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
An impressive photo, Willy. I like your composition, the bright colours and the degree of detail visible on the caterpillar. Can you tell us a bit more about how you made this image: your file doesn't seem to have an EXIF?
I would probably have removed the dark artefact in the bottom right in post-processing.

Willy Micheletti

1 1
Nov 13, 2022
An impressive photo, Willy. I like your composition, the bright colours and the degree of detail visible on the caterpillar. Can you tell us a bit more about how you made this image: your file doesn't seem to have an EXIF?
I would probably have removed the dark artefact in the bottom right in post-processing.
Thank you, i appreciate your kind comments. The camera i use is an Olympus OMD EM 1 mark 2 with zuiko 60mm f/2.8 macro lens, godox V350 and AK diffuser. The settings i used for this shot were S/S 1/250, f/10, ISO 320 and flash power 1/16. You are right that the black artefact in the bottom right is distracting, but i thought i would keep it since is part of the old shedding from the cat head.