Want critique Mosquito "pedipalps and proboscis" (mouth area)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.

1of1Images

Oct 20, 2020
Basically, this is a view of the proboscis and "pedipalp" area just off the face of a non-blood sucking mosquito. Yes, some mosquitoes drink nectar...including this one. Image is of an area just over 1mm in width. Focus stack of 200+ images - around 9x magnification
Olympus EM1 Mark 2, Olympus MC-20 teleconverter, Pixco 16mm extension tube, Olympus 60mm macro lens and Raynox 505
F5.6, ISO64, focus bracket mode 1/10, GODOX 126 LED constant light

IMG_1665.JPG

Here's an image of it in my hand showing it's size,
IMG_1645.jpg

Laszlo.kladni

Oct 14, 2020
This is a vry nice stack! I like it very much maybe the very deep shadows on the bottom and the highlights on the lighter colored regions of a few scales are a bit too strong but I don't really feel this critique justified.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
wau, you are magician with :D , same lens i have and extra equipments combinations :D
Fantastic result you got with :love: :love: :love:
Hope to see more your pictures soon ;)

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Amazing quality for such a magnification! Ok it's a picture made with a studio equipment but you've still my deep respect for this! Details which we would never see with our eyes. Thanks for sharing this great stack with us.

Reactions: 1of1Images

1of1Images

Oct 20, 2020
Do you use the teleconverters with the 60mm macro lens??

Yes
You can do it if you use two 10mm Pixco brand (only Pixco brand) extension tubes between the teleconverter and the 60mm macro lens or, use a single 16mm Pixco brand extension tube that you scrape a little bit of the plastic on the inside of it out. Maybe 1mm all the way around the inside so that the teleconverter lens can fit inside

1of1Images

Oct 20, 2020
Amazing quality for such a magnification! Ok it's a picture made with a studio equipment but you've still my deep respect for this! Details which we would never see with our eyes. Thanks for sharing this great stack with us.
I have used the same setup in the field as it's pretty water and dust-proof. No rail as everything was done with focus bracketing. Olympus rules the macro world in my opinion for ease of use. Trying to prove to folks that Micro 4/3 is still relevant

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Yes
You can do it if you use two 10mm Pixco brand (only Pixco brand) extension tubes between the teleconverter and the 60mm macro lens or, use a single 16mm Pixco brand extension tube that you scrape a little bit of the plastic on the inside of it out. Maybe 1mm all the way around the inside so that the teleconverter lens can fit inside

Thanks a lot 1of1Images 1of1Images For this information 🙏🤩 . I need to see, can I but the Pixco tubs somewhere in Europe, and the teleconverts.
Is this combination easy to shooting pictures or complicated? How much lose with? 🤭🤓

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
What a great picture ! The moskito has beautifull colors, i never seen that before !