Your opinion? My Eye

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
My first attempt at photographing my own eye. It is easier with the flip screen on the R5 but still it took me a few goes to get this one.
No flash used, just a pen torch lighting from the side, and camera on Manual settings and manual focus so I could focus in while looking at the flip screen. Quite awkward but happy non the less.
Canon R5, Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro, 1/200th, f/9.0, Iso 6400.
I am interested to know your thoughts and any tips for getting an overall sharper image would be appreciated.
Thanks all.

My Eye_01_2048.jpg

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Just a big wow Andy Smith Andy Smith , I've seen others taking images like that, but never tried. How hard was?

For mee seems to be sharp photo already, unless you want to do photo stacking.

Reactions: Andy Smith

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Just a big wow Andy Smith Andy Smith , I've seen others taking images like that, but never tried. How hard was?

Hi Jack, Thanks... It wasn't that hard to be honest, just awkward to try and focus while looking into the lens and hold the light next to my face, and have the remote cord in the other hand ready to fire. I probably took around 8 images before I got this one.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

Hi Jack, Thanks... It wasn't that hard to be honest, just awkward to try and focus while looking into the lens and hold the light next to my face, and have the remote cord in the other hand ready to fire. I probably took around 8 images before I got this one.
Probably you felt like you are doing eye test šŸ˜…. I should try it myself as well. Did you had any additional equipment?

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021

I could have done with 3 hands really, then it would have been easy. Try it, it is not hard, no additional equipment only tripod, camera, lens, a light from the side, and a remote cord to make it easier. If you don't have a flip screen on your camera it might be tough as you need to look into the lens while focusing and shooting.

Reactions: Jack

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
My first attempt at photographing my own eye. It is easier with the flip screen on the R5 but still it took me a few goes to get this one.
No flash used, just a pen torch lighting from the side, and camera on Manual settings and manual focus so I could focus in while looking at the flip screen. Quite awkward but happy non the less.
Canon R5, Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro, 1/200th, f/9.0, Iso 6400.
I am interested to know your thoughts and any tips for getting an overall sharper image would be appreciated.
Thanks all.

View attachment 19710
That's really cool. I'd bet your optometrist would love it in his office. LOL

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I believe that it's hard to take such shots of other peoples eyes but much more of your own eye! I'm really deeply impressed by the result Andy Smith Andy Smith

I mean I know some guys selling such photos and your's are really as good as the ones I've seen there.