Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
It's a Vivitar 286. Online documentation is virtually non-existent. It supports TTL, but doesn't seem to have any control for brightness levels when remotely triggered via a trigger flash (which I can't do with my D500 anyway). Guide number is either 164' or 194' at ISO 100 85mm, depending on which part of the B&H product listing you believe.

I'm looking at a Godox TT685N as a more flexible replacement.
for macro i use my flash fully manual because the ttl does not give me proper metering at close quarters. instead of remote trigger, use a ttl cord...and at close quarters, the gn is perfect. what do you think?

grphotog641

Apr 23, 2020
for macro i use my flash fully manual because the ttl does not give me proper metering at close quarters. instead of remote trigger, use a ttl cord...and at close quarters, the gn is perfect. what do you think?
When you say "fully manual", what kind of adjustments are you making?
This Vivitar has 3 controls - on/off, SL/off, and the sliding head that adjusts for the effective focal length of the lens. Oh, and it has a little textured plastic thing that can swing down in front of the flash to scatter the light more.

Status
Not open for further replies.