Your opinion? On the verge... of falling in love

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
F/2.8
90mm
iso 250
1/1250s
Canon 5D mk III

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Your style always feel romantic when you are taking images of these butterflies Yohanna_D Yohanna_D . How close you can get to them before they fly?

Reactions: Yohanna_D

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Your style always feel romantic when you are taking images of these butterflies Yohanna_D Yohanna_D . How close you can get to them before they fly?
Thank you for your comment,
Knowing that this time I used a 90mm this allows me to get quite close so I guess I was at about 30 - 40cm from the butterfly - so quite close ;)

Reactions: Helix_2648 and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Knowing that this time I used a 90mm this allows me to get quite close so I guess I was at about 30 - 40cm from the butterfly - so quite close ;)
I believe you are getting very slow to them, so they don't fly from you šŸ˜…

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Yep indeed; you need to be very discret; however when it's at the end of the day - which it was for me - they are so much more calm than in the midst of the day. :)
And yes, every single time you need to be patient; however observing them for so many years (more than 9 now) you learn how to approach them and you learn so much about their behaviour ;)

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
maybe you can write an article about it, i would love to read it. Its just interesting.

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
So there is a section "article" here; do people go to that section and read it? :D
I will be happy to do it if you want to. I am not a huge connaisseur of butterflies but I know some things about and on them; I don't know everything, but I know some few things indeed. If you think that this may help other photographers, then yes, I will do it gladly. I really have to film my making of as well as the editing too. :)

• Love
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
yes there is an article section. Browse the forum, as i said i would love to read it. That's can be very interesting for everyone. I do read that section.