Your opinion? Pages...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Nikon D7200
Helios 81n 50mm f/2.0
s 1/30
f/2.8
iso 100
AWB
+2 Close Up filter

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Pages...

Books and paper can provide great creative opportunities.
Feeling a bit bored today in the morning I grabbed on of my cameras and I started to experiment with a favourite book of mine. It is mostly favourite not because of the content but because of its pages and size. I've made many photos with this book which you have seen in some of my past posts.

Placed near the window with the morning light beautifully diffused by the curtain, provided me a nice soft light.

I hope next time I'll do it better, because I'm not very pleased of the result composition wise.

DSC_0287c.JPG

Last edited:

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
is not bad at all panos_adgr panos_adgr . I know when you are bored, you need to try something to keep creativity active. What do you think to try to laminate these pages behind ?

Reactions: panos_adgr

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
is not bad at all panos_adgr panos_adgr . I know when you are bored, you need to try something to keep creativity active. What do you think to try to laminate these pages behind ?
This is a nice idea. I was thinking of something similar. I was thinking to take a big paper sheer or hard paper make it curved, focus on the edge and light it from one side in order to make a minimal monochrome photo. I'm still working it iny mind composition wise.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
This is a nice idea. I was thinking of something similar. I was thinking to take a big paper sheer or hard paper make it curved, focus on the edge and light it from one side in order to make a minimal monochrome photo. I'm still working it iny mind composition wise.

You also can glue together a lot of papers and build a custom composition. What do you think? 🤔

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
You also can glue together a lot of papers and build a custom composition. What do you think? 🤔
It sounds nice!

Thank for the help!
The lockdown has made us think of ideas and become creative.
But it has helped a lot to sleep also. 😂😴

• Haha
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
It sounds nice!

Thank for the help!
The lockdown has made us think of ideas and become creative.
But it has helped a lot to sleep also. 😂😴

Sleep is the most important. By the way, you are more creative when you are tired , ;)

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I saw some great photos made of curved papers. There was a photograph on 500px who made such photos but it's a long time since I saw them.
Your idea looks very creative panos_adgr panos_adgr. Especially because of the fading DOF

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
I saw some great photos made of curved papers. There was a photograph on 500px who made such photos but it's a long time since I saw them.
Your idea looks very creative panos_adgr panos_adgr. Especially because of the fading DOF
I have seen also many works.
Paper is something that you can do a lot with.
It is very nice. I've seen many videos of photographers. I was trying to find a piece of paper to do something but I have nothing to use.🙄