Your opinion? Pleione formosana

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
My wife likes orchids very much and cultivates a lot of them. I often take their portraits in my macro-studio.
An outdoor orchid flowered during its winter in the cellar. Not a rarity, of course, but still much less common than the Phalaenopsis of the local supermarket...
Enjoy the details by looking at the portrait of this beautiful plant in large format. You'll perhaps understand why a number of rather salacious (and wealthy) old gentlemen took up orchidophilia in the Victorian era.
By the way of way, one of the finest collections in France can be found in the Senate, in the Luxembourg Gardens...

Lighting with a Godox AD100 Pro and a Godox MF12. Twelve pictures stacked with Helicon Focus.

2024-03-23 17-21-40 (B,Radius8,Smoothing4)Focused3 1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Beautiful photo Hans-Trapp Hans-Trapp, with great details and sharpness.

And very informative as well. Are these expensive to keep?

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
Not at all. They spend the summer months outside in a pot, and in winter are stored in the cellar. Just a decoction of banana peel and the rice cooking water as fertilizer...

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Not at all. They spend the summer months outside in a pot, and in winter are stored in the cellar. Just a decoction of banana peel and the rice cooking water as fertilizer...

Thanks, that's good to know , maybe one day. Are these expensive to buy ?

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
We only buy such orchids on special offers, about 10 euros each for a robust multi-stemmed plant.