Your opinion? Practic and practic only to shoot extrime macros with my lovely friends from forest close my home <3

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
ISO 1600 f5,6 1/250
Olympus omd em 10mark III, Olympus 60mm, + external tubs mmlite 10+16mm ,
Flash: Macro led ring with homemaken diffuser- some of white material glued for.. :D
Tripod + rail
Camrea settings- M + MF + sequential Low Anti shock-sarja (Olympus)

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
ios 1600 f.5.6 1-250 s backlight-6040033.jpg

So.. here is the picture from yesterday evening, shooted again in forest close my home.. , now I lucky get in my opinion nice looking picture in magnification 1:26mm (if I say it well ;) )

Lot of practic and patience, and a lot of time in the forest and for process the picture ;) . Luckly my very kind model is so patience, althought unfortunately he fell out on the ground, because my wrong move.. so I said to him a lot of sorry , althought I didn't sow him after them in the grass any more šŸ˜²šŸ˜¬. I hope he retourned on the leaf. later :D

His name is the click beetle imho as I know already thanks of Shan Shan šŸ¤—

So I'm very exciting to know, what do you think about the result.. I really tried again best in picture taken and editing with your opinions shared beffore.. ;)
Let's to say me please, how you like it and what I can do still better.. ;)

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
You have very high ISO nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo , so I can see some noise on your picture. Apart from that, not bad shot ;)

Thanks Jack Jack :LOL:, some of critigue must to be :p:ROFLMAO: Sometimes high ISO need to be :D, Is not possible to shoot in the forest sharp images in extrim magnification withought it :p :D
but I reduced the noise as it was possible in LR, but I go some of Grain too in Lightroom to get better effect on the backgraound after Luminance the picture ,and removing the noise from the insect's body in parts, step by step.. :p:ROFLMAO:, some of noice need to be , withought the picture will be not sharp :D
But glad you like it , some of.. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Karl and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thanks Jack Jack :LOL:, some of critigue must to be :p:ROFLMAO: Sometimes high ISO need to be :D, Is not possible to shoot in the forest sharp images in extrim magnification withought it :p :D
but I reduced the noise as it was possible in LR, but I go some of Grain too in Lightroom to get better effect on the backgraound after Luminance the picture ,and removing the noise from the insect's body in parts, step by step.. :p:ROFLMAO:, some of noice need to be , withought the picture will be not sharp :D
But glad you like it , some of.. :ROFLMAO:

If you want to reduce noise, then use Topaz Denoise software , does magic ;)

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Helix_2648 Helix_2648 ,what do you think about this picture?
Sorry I don't want to spam šŸ˜„šŸ¤£,only really looking forward to get more options about the picture and how to improve my extreme macro skills šŸ‘ŒšŸ˜‰
Especially for you Helix_2648 Helix_2648 šŸ˜‰
And @Bill Edwards if will be able for šŸ˜‰šŸ˜. I only appreciate your good critique and opinions šŸ˜‰šŸ‘Œ

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
The picture itself is really good, but it's too dark. Is it an egg in front of the bug? This composition looks really pleasant but can be improved. I would try to use a higher aperture to get sharp edges:

1591443419625.png

The noise is ok but I wouldn't use a higher ISO.

Your extension tubes are a good idea for such macros, but they have a really big disadvantage because they reduces the light which hits the sensor. This makes it even more complicated for you because you've to use a lower shutter speed or increase the ISO value.

Therefor you think about to buy a achromatic lens or a lens reversing ring to use your lens in reversed position. Check this links: Extreme macro

By the way.... your image scale with your extension types is not 1:26 :D This would be really bad... Would mean that the bug would be 26x smaller on your sensor as in nature. You have to calculate it like this: (60mm + 10mm + 16mm)/60mm=1,43:1

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
The picture itself is really good, but it's too dark. Is it an egg in front of the bug? This composition looks really pleasant but can be improved. I would try to use a higher aperture to get sharp edges:

View attachment 4632

The noise is ok but I wouldn't use a higher ISO.

Your extension tubes are a good idea for such macros, but they have a really big disadvantage because they reduces the light which hits the sensor. This makes it even more complicated for you because you've to use a lower shutter speed or increase the ISO value.

Therefor you think about to buy a achromatic lens or a lens reversing ring to use your lens in reversed position. Check this links: Extreme macro

By the way.... your image scale with your extension types is not 1:26 :D This would be really bad... Would mean that the bug would be 26x smaller on your sensor as in nature. You have to calculate it like this: (60mm + 10mm + 16mm)/60mm=1,43:1

Danke shƶn Helix_2648 Helix_2648 for your help!!

You writed so useful informations now again fro me :)
The composition was very hard to get it like it :D, I shooted sarja , but only this one pictures from anothers looks sharp and so nice, that I can share it here and in social medias.. :D. The original picture was almost dark.. , but I ried to edit the picture so , that haven't too much noise on the picture.. and keep the evening climat in the forest, that was when I took picture..
The slower shooted speed will be fine , but the insect sometimes was quite fast , I needed to be rady fo any good move, and I'm very happy to capture this, special moment, when he returned to eat this.. , I think too,could it be any ege of insects.., them I found more in the forest..
maybe Shan Shan will have an idea what it is? :D

yeah , shooting with the external tubs is exciting, but a big challange to..., but step by step ahed with.. :D :D Maybe in the next year I will able to invest more money in photography.. :D , now is enought.. at the moment :ROFLMAO: . If someone have money , can do it much easer ;), but if haven't need too be hard working with the equipment that have.. :D ;) . Photography get anothers ways to enjoy it ;)

Thanks a lot Helix_2648 Helix_2648 ! I only didn't know hot to calculate the magnifications, if with the lens 60mm macro , Olympus- the maximum is 1:1 , reall maco start from.. but with the ring tubs I can get some of differents magnifications.. :D Do you think it 1,43:1 can be this right maximum magnification ? :D

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
Danke shƶn Helix_2648 Helix_2648 for your help!!

You writed so useful informations now again fro me :)
The composition was very hard to get it like it :D, I shooted sarja , but only this one pictures from anothers looks sharp and so nice, that I can share it here and in social medias.. :D. The original picture was almost dark.. , but I ried to edit the picture so , that haven't too much noise on the picture.. and keep the evening climat in the forest, that was when I took picture..
The slower shooted speed will be fine , but the insect sometimes was quite fast , I needed to be rady fo any good move, and I'm very happy to capture this, special moment, when he returned to eat this.. , I think too,could it be any ege of insects.., them I found more in the forest..
maybe Shan Shan will have an idea what it is? :D

yeah , shooting with the external tubs is exciting, but a big challange to..., but step by step ahed with.. :D :D Maybe in the next year I will able to invest more money in photography.. :D , now is enought.. at the moment :ROFLMAO: . If someone have money , can do it much easer ;), but if haven't need too be hard working with the equipment that have.. :D ;) . Photography get anothers ways to enjoy it ;)

Thanks a lot Helix_2648 Helix_2648 ! I only didn't know hot to calculate the magnifications, if with the lens 60mm macro , Olympus- the maximum is 1:1 , reall maco start from.. but with the ring tubs I can get some of differents magnifications.. :D Do you think it 1,43:1 can be this right maximum magnification ? :D
i would need at least a full body picture to venture a guess :)