Raynox DCR 150 or 250

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
I would love to have feedback on these close up lenses. Image quality, hand held or tripod photography, DOF, luminosity ....
i used a 250 on my 18-55 in the initial days of close up photography. It lets you go quite close and gives your great results however the results IQ cannot match prime. While using prime i would not recommend using dcr250 or the like because you are just adding one more glass, and bringing down the IQ. However for quick transfers its good to have one of these in your kit!

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I use the DCR-250 very often. The picture with the winged aphid which is actually featured is a good example. You don't lose much light and it's easy to install with the mounting ring. But please consider, that the working distance is very close and might cause some trouble if you try to take pictures from some shy insects. The handling itself is also tricky because of the strong magnification (+8 Diopters)

The DCR-150 has the same mounting system but has only +4 Diopters. So you've a lower magnification but also a higher working distance.

A disadvantage might be the small diameter of both which will cause a vignetting on some lenses. My EF-S 60mm lens works fine with the Raynox lens, but my 18-135mm kit lens causes some vignetting.

D

Deleted member 310

I use the DCR-250 very often. The picture with the winged aphid which is actually featured is a good example. You don't lose much light and it's easy to install with the mounting ring. But please consider, that the working distance is very close and might cause some trouble if you try to take pictures from some shy insects. The handling itself is also tricky because of the strong magnification (+8 Diopters)

The DCR-150 has the same mounting system but has only +4 Diopters. So you've a lower magnification but also a higher working distance.

A disadvantage might be the small diameter of both which will cause a vignetting on some lenses. My EF-S 60mm lens works fine with the Raynox lens, but my 18-135mm kit lens causes some vignetting.
Helix_2648 Helix_2648

I will try to find someone who can lend me one to try with the macro 90mm :unsure:

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
The question is, would the quality will improve if using on already high end macro lens ?