Your opinion? Ruddy Darter portrait, female, perched, fill in flash

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Awesome shot! Focus is very sharp, beautiful details and colours. Light is nice and soft, diffused flash i think? The angle of the dragonfly works really well, I like this one very much :giggle:

Reactions: Desc1234

Desc1234

Jan 6, 2021
Awesome shot! Focus is very sharp, beautiful details and colours. Light is nice and soft, diffused flash i think? The angle of the dragonfly works really well, I like this one very much :giggle:
Thank you, Chavezshutter, much appreciated:) Yes, it was fill diffused flash, taken down by about 1 EV. I use a really crude contraption - a pice of card with tinfoil taped to it mounted on top of my 580 EXII.

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I asked myself again and again how you can get so close to it? I saw this shot already but I'm still fascinated...

Reactions: Desc1234

Desc1234

Jan 6, 2021
I asked myself again and again how you can get so close to it? I saw this shot already but I'm still fascinated...
Thank you, ma friend:) Actually, this species is fairly approachable - in this case it was a 1:1 mag shot with a bit of cropping. I just move very slowly and pay attention to my peripheral movements (elbows etc.)