Want critique Schizophyllum commune

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
Good morning, everyone.
Here's an image already posted on the Explorness sister forum.

My first mushrooms of 2024.
Taken from the pile of firewood to start the stove and re-hydrated a little. Then I shooted them in my mini-studio. I shall show a picture of my setup in the appropriate section of the forum.
Very small: the largest must be half the size of a one-cent coin. But full of cool details. You should take a look at it in large format...
Flash lighting with two Godox AD100 Pro. Tethered shooting with Helicon Remote. Stacking of around fifty images processed with Helicon Focus.

2024-03-04 15-53-08 (B,Radius8,Smoothing4)Focused3.jpg

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
As I said on an other forum, I love the details, and the photo overall. Personally I never done photo stacking, but it's something I would love to try in the future.

How much time took you to take this photo?

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
As I said on an other forum, I love the details, and the photo overall. Personally I never done photo stacking, but it's something I would love to try in the future.

How much time took you to take this photo?
Thanks for your kind comment Jack.
Not counting the search for specimens, I spent over three hours on this image. Including finding the optimum angle, setting up the lighting, taking lots of photos, assembling them in Helicon Focus and the final processing in On1 Photoraw.
Of course, with experience, certain stages can now be completed more quickly. I had a lot of trial and error when I first started out, before I found the right techniques and the right equipment.

As my warrant officer used to say when I was doing my military service in an air force photo unit: It's only the first 10,000 that pose a problem.

• Wow
Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thanks for your kind comment Jack.
Not counting the search for specimens, I spent over three hours on this image. Including finding the optimum angle, setting up the lighting, taking lots of photos, assembling them in Helicon Focus and the final processing in On1 Photoraw.
Of course, with experience, certain stages can now be completed more quickly. I had a lot of trial and error when I first started out, before I found the right techniques and the right equipment.

As my warrant officer used to say when I was doing my military service in an air force photo unit: It's only the first 10,000 that pose a problem.

Over 3h, that's a proper dedication for just 1 photo. But, the effort was worth it, the photo it's just amazing. And good details as well.

Do you sell your images as well?

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
Over 3h, that's a proper dedication for just 1 photo. But, the effort was worth it, the photo it's just amazing. And good details as well.

Do you sell your images as well?
That phone is the only one y rated as good.
And no, I don't sell any of my images. I am a apologist of Creative Commons. BY-NC-SA in this case...

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
May I ask more details? I know about CC, but not that deep.
That acronym is for :
BY : you have to quote the author of the picture
NC : you are not allowed to make commercial use of that picture
SA : if you use a picture in your work you have to diffuse it under the same licence

Here is a detailed explanation.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
That acronym is for :
BY : you have to quote the author of the picture
NC : you are not allowed to make commercial use of that picture
SA : if you use a picture in your work you have to diffuse it under the same licence

Here is a detailed explanation.

Alright, yes, now I know what we are talking about. I think I have that on forums too, if I'm not wrong, to prevent images theft.