Lighting & Studio Shooting in low light studio

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Discuss about lighting sources and other equipment which provides source of light in order to achieve detailed photos. Or studio equipment to make arrangements for product photography or other.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Probably very interesting topic to discuss and but also something which I'll have to do. Has anyone experienced shooting in low light in the studio for portrait photography?

I know is not related to macro photography, is more like a general discussion and question.

Reactions: lovitazoe

kzurro

1 1
Dec 21, 2020
what's the purpose? I mean, are you trying to get some low key shots? or is there any other reason to shoot in low light?

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
No flash light, constant lighting?
Basically the studio will be black, and they will use only spotlights. In theory I will have to use flash, however I will try to see what I can achieve without speedlight.

kzurro

1 1
Dec 21, 2020
what's the purpose? I mean, are you trying to get some low key shots? or is there any other reason to shoot in low light?
google "low key portraits" and check what can be done. backlight and profile pics with the light in front of the model are the most powerful ones.

I think I have some pics somewhere, I'll try to look for them.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
The person doesn't want a speed light to be used on certain times, as there will be some video recordings as well.