Camera Should I sell my camera ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member want's to discuss body camera model specified in the topic.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I was thinking to sell my camera 7d m2 camera maybe to upgrade it to Canon RP body . Is that good idea ? Or should I still keep the 7d m2, taking in consideration that the shutter count is around 30k

stubanham

Jul 8, 2021
Lots of people on my other forum with the RP and they love it.
You're moving up to full frame, so you'll get better dynamic range, better low light performance and better high ISO images so if you need to grab a shot and you don't have flash, so are up at ISO6400 etc the image is still very usable, especially if you then put it through something like Topaz Denoise

You obviously lose the crop factor, so working distance to subject will be cut, depends what you shoot I guess.

Suggest you try one, it's free for a couple of days, just book it with Canon at https://www.canontestdrive-uk.com/en-gb/products/HAC00-06012-canon-eos-rp-with-ef-eos-r-adapter/

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
You're moving up to full frame, so you'll get better dynamic range, better low light performance and better high ISO images so if you need to grab a shot and you don't have flash, so are up at ISO6400 etc the image is still very usable, especially if you then put it through something like Topaz Denoise

You obviously lose the crop factor, so working distance to subject will be cut, depends what you shoot I guess.

Suggest you try one, it's free for a couple of days, just book it with Canon at https://www.canontestdrive-uk.com/en-gb/products/HAC00-06012-canon-eos-rp-with-ef-eos-r-adapter/
Thanks. I actually was thinking about RP, but then I have yo choose, buying new Camera or getting the Canon Ef L 24-70 f2. 8 L Mk 2. A bit of hard choice.

stubanham

Jul 8, 2021

Might be a hard choice, might be easy - What's holding you back? What benefit are you seeking?
Is it going to be resolved by the move to full frame mirrorless, or is it lens quality or not having the right focal length or fast-enough aperture?

When you look at a scene or an image, what are you thinking that's prompting you to upgrade?
Only you can answer it though

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

basically I need a shorter focal length. As I own only telephoto lensesnat the moment. I do shoot portraits sometimes, and find it very hard to use my 70-200 indoors with my 7d m2 because is crop camera, even with 50mm lens I still find harder. So I was looking at 24-70 lens which I believe can deliver good image quality and having that focal length to shoot indoors and close ups too.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Apart of the crop factor you've a lot of advantages. I agree to stubanham stubanham to test it some days if possible before you decide to see your old camera.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Apart of the crop factor you've a lot of advantages. I agree to stubanham stubanham to test it some days if possible before you decide to see your old camera.
Honestly I don't really want to sell it. But I'm also thinking that is not longer supported by Canon if I'm not wrong. Is still in mint condition with no more than 30k on shutter count.