Your opinion? Simple system Water drop Splashes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Nikon D7100, 50mm, 1.5 sec, f/11, ISO 200 for most of the drop photos

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Here a few more water drop photography shots. These were done with a simple system of only drops coming down from above into a bowl of liquid and timing it so the jet of water comes up from the bowl and collides with another drop from above. The more elaborate creations I'm currently into are done with another system that uses multiple liquid containers and electronic items.
The systems I used for these were called "Miops" and "Pluto valve" .
I am attempting to get together a tutorial for water drop/splash photography to give some BASIC info and how to's. It is very involved and everyone will have different settings and such depending on their equipment, environment, liquid viscosity....etc. There are so many things involved that I just can't put it all in one post. If you would like to see more, I can upload. I need to understand how "albums" work on this forum.

Lacy Umbrella-.jpg Water drops colorful-.jpg Sheer elegance-.jpg Light play and reflection-.jpg

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Mind blowing results! The drops are just wonderful with the soft ambient light and the wonderful colors! That's so awesome! Please show us more!

• Love
Reactions: Tina Boes

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Mind blowing results! The drops are just wonderful with the soft ambient light and the wonderful colors! That's so awesome! Please show us more!
I will Helix. I need to locate some of the photos I took of my set up, get a bit organized before I try a tutorial on the basics. I will upload more of my successes this week. :)

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
the ones on the pink background are just sooooo lovely and gorgeous; the one with the black background has lovely colours but it's a tiny bit out of focus.
However I know that this whole process is far from easy so thumbs up to you for this wonderful work!

• Love

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
What solutions do you use? I mean, it's not just water, but some kind of salt or other ingredients ..
It's usually water with food coloring or a small amount of milk. The milk makes it less translucent. I also use a thickener (xanthan gum powder) like you would use in liquids to drink, that helps the drops be heavier to break surface tension of water and makes splashes more defined without having a lot of stray drops.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sergey Prokofiev

Sergey Prokofiev

1 1
Feb 22, 2021
What solutions do you use? I mean, it's not just water, but some kind of salt or other ingredients ..
It's usually water with food coloring or a small amount of milk. The milk makes it less translucent. I also use a thickener (xanthan gum powder) like you would use in liquids to drink, that helps the drops be heavier to break surface tension of water and makes splashes more defined without having a lot of stray drops.
Thanks for sharing your secrets ...