Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Sony a7iii, Loawa 100mm macro lens, ISO3200, 2 sec, f/8, tripod, UV torches.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Hello,

A few days ago this damselfly flew inside my house and perched on the ceiling. I grabbed a branch with leaves from my backyard, placed the damselfly on it and took the chance to photograph it but as it was near evening I hoped the damselfly slept on the branch so I could shoot it with UV. I placed the branch and the damselfly outside just in case it wanted to wander off and waited until it got dark. Luckily it was still there so I got my UV torches and shot this. Hope you like it.

slender ringtail.jpg

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Looks like something that should live in Pandora from Avatar
I should give you and the forum a shot at editing these, super tricky, none of the stuff you would regularly do works like lowering highlights, bumping contrast etc. By the time I finish editing these sliders are all over the shop😂.

I need a UV flashlight to lower ISO, lower shutter time and get more luminescence on these. Lucky this insect was asleep and not moving. I can't bring myself to mod a $60 flashlight with over $300 worth of filters not to mention its a bit dangerous but seems I am going to have to as no one I know makes them for my camera.

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Great shot, nice effect with the UV light.
Thanks! 😀
That's so cool, I love it and what a great catch with the UV light.. Might have to try that myself one night
Remember to wear protective glasses while using UV and find a clean source of UV, cheaper/lower quality UV torchlights emit a lot of visible light and this diminishes the brightness youre trying to capture.

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
Wonderful effect with that UV. Lucky you, that it waited.
I'll be anxiously waiting for that shot with the wings open! Patience has its' rewards. :)

• Smiling Face
Reactions: Chavezshutter