Stacking rail

D

Deleted member 250

Hi @Christophe Berche I built my own rail a few years ago but I now mostly use digiCam control software.
My camera is tethered to my computer and I can control as many focus steps and in whatever incements I choose. It works for Nikon, Canon and Sony cameras and it`s free

D

Deleted member 310

Hi @Bill Edwards

I checked the software on you tube, but your rail is perfect for the studio, but in outdoor it is not possible , I am more looking for a rail for outdoor

Rene Rufer

May 21, 2020
It’s a question of philosophy? I have not yet used my rail macro equipment. it has the advantage of changing perspective by varying the model/sensor distance. it is OK for great focal distances. I prefer to work with changing focus, that gives me good results. The perspective rests consistent. Have a look in following external link: https://www.photigy.com/school/the-...king-macro-focusing-rails-vs-focus-variation/
I works with canon 80D without focus bracketing. For this reason, 1 bought a helicon tube including software. I'm very satisfied.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi @Christophe Berche , I’m using this one

Neewer Pro 4-Way Macro Focusing Focus Rail Slider/Close-Up Shooting for Canon Nikon, Pentax, Olympus, Sony, Samsung and Other Digital SLR Camera and DC with Standard 1/4-Inch Screw Hole
and it’s pretty good and solid

D

Deleted member 310

Hi Rene Rufer

Thank you for your explanation and the link, I will look at the hotel tomorrow during my business trip

Reactions: Natalie

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I fully agree to Rene Rufer. I was thinking about buying the Helicon ring but decided to buy the EOS 90D. The Helicon tube is easy to handle and can be preprogrammed by using a simple IR signal. Or you can use DSLR controller from Android. But for this you need an USB OTG cable or Wifi (which I haven't used because my old 700D doens't support WiFi).

But to get back to your topic... unfortunately I don't know any macro rail that was really designed for outdoor use. Especially because of the power supply.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…