Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Your opinion? 

Tea for two

Or watermelon for two. I lured a few insects onto my terrace by offering them a slightly advanced slice of watermelon.
Here's a pair of Vespula Germanica wasps that accepted the invitation. They are so busy feasting that a little freehand stacking was possible.
Shot with the Canon R6 MKII and EF 100mm f/2.8 L macro, internal focus-bracketing. 1/500 at f/8, ISO 3200. Natural light with supplementary LEDs.
Around 6 really usable shots, stacked in Helicon Focus, method B. Final processing in ON1 Photoraw.
The number of images that could be used for the stack was insufficient to get the two insects fully in focus, but I'm nevertheless rather pleased with the result. What do you think?

2023-08-19_guepes_duo.jpg

Alsatian for several generations, retired teacher, lover of photography, thrillers and SF. Born in 1956. Linux user for 15 years, I take pictures with a Canon camera. Mostly macro and landscapes. Sometimes in black and white. I like to...
View all 1 featured items

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hi Hans-Trapp Hans-Trapp

I never did stacking myself, but you did great job here. Have you left the watermelon on purpose to get them wasps?

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
Thanks for your kind comment, Jack. Yes the watermelon slice was left on purpose. It also attracted large blue flies. Which I'll be sure to show you too.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thanks for your kind comment, Jack. Yes the watermelon slice was left on purpose. It also attracted large blue flies. Which I'll be sure to show you too.
Very smart move. Hopefully you weren't invaded with too many wasps šŸ˜….

Sure, feel free to share them :)