Your opinion? The Dryad's Mask

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Sony A7iii, Laowa 100mm 2.8 x2 macro lens, ISO 100, f8, 1/100 sec, x2 off camera flash, tripod

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
That's something which seems to me more like piece of art ? I guess you used Photoshop after you took the photo? I like more left side than right side, because of colours. The blue colour on black background is great match in my opinion.

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
That's something which seems to me more like piece of art ? I guess you used Photoshop after you took the photo? I like more left side than right side, because of colours. The blue colour on black background is great match in my opinion.
Thank you very much Jack Jack. I duplicated the right side, flipped it over and did some LAB channel inversion in photoshop. I was going for a night/day theme. I want to use something more natural for the handle and perhaps add a petal border to the photo, thanks for your comments 🙏

Reactions: Helix_2648 and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
You achieved very nice photo. Also, on the right hand, is that a stick?

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I'm really impressed about your results but I don't like the fading background. I would only use a black one although I know the reason why you've faded it. But of course very creative!

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I'm really impressed about your results but I don't like the fading background. I would only use a black one although I know the reason why you've faded it. But of course very creative!
Thanks Helix_2648 Helix_2648, I have been trying to figure out a good way of showing both the natural and the LAB inverted version into a single picture. Normally I would simply show the before and after but that won't work for this style. I can make the background all black and still keep the same colours everywhere else so that is an option, so many colour combinations using the LAB channel inversion trick. I have already shot new components to add this scene so in the next one I will get a chance to play with the background and see if can improve on it. Thank you very much for your comments 🙏