Your opinion? The Love of my Life

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
f/4.5,
1/500s,
90mm,
iso 200,
Canon 1000D
and a Tamron lens macro 90mm

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Hi everyone,

I named this picture this way because it's still one of my best encounters ever made (and yet it was 7 years ago). I was sooooo lucky to have this butterfly resting on this flower and all the environment around it was with me and I could play with every single element to create this bokeh and background - to me it's like Alice's Wonderland.

I truly hope you would appreciate this photo as much as I do as it has such a great sentimental value to me; this photo is also resting on the walls of my parents' living room as a gift from me to them.
And to me this photo is also the living proof that one does not need hugh end equipment to achieve great photos (I'm not implying that this photo is "great" 😆) but what is important is the eye of the photographer that can catch the beauty of nature.

_MG_0695m_2.jpg

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
I started in the early 2010s but not too much at that time; then a bit more in 2011 and starting from 2012 it really became a passion and never stopped - except for some moments like several weeks without taking photos just like a break.
I shoot insects (not all of them - it's impossible - what comes), portraits (humans), bigger animals (especially in the zoos but without showing that they are captive), and a bit landscapes and urbanscapes.
I haven't tried bastract for the moment but who knows... ;)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Highly agree with everything you stated above Yohanna_D Yohanna_D . And by the way, I think that’s the first red butterfly I see Posted by your on forum. It’s really beautiful. ;) . There is slight of blur on the left wing, but still looks gorgeous

Reactions: Yohanna_D

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Yes Jack Jack it's a bit blurred because of the depth as stated by f/4.5; so there isn't big room for great sharpenss all over the butterfly ;) But I never look for sharpness for the entire insect; what is important to me is the head and a bit the body and if by chance most of the wings are sharp, then it's fine with me ;)

Reactions: Jack

ZAMIR PENA

May 26, 2020
Your photos are master art pieces, each one with your style, your perspective and angle are fabulous, and your creativity is amazing, you can convey emotions through your lens and eye, you are a tremendous artist. many congratulations and thank you very much for sharing with us. bravo Yohanna_D Yohanna_D 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌 🙌

Reactions: Jack