Travelling by planes with tripod

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi! I just need your help ;)
Can we travel with tripod in overhead cabin bag ? or it's possible only on Checked bag? Do you have experiences with travelling with tripods in overhead cabin bag ?

Reactions: Karl
Solution
A tripod itself shouldn't be a problem from safety point of view as long as it fits in your hand luggage.
But most tripods are too long for this. Therefor I would recommend a small travel tripod which shouldn't cause any trouble as long as you don't become too heavy. The security staff might ask you what it is, but you should be able to explain it. Ask your airline to get information about the maximum weight for your hand luggage. I tried it already and hadn't had any problems.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Depends how big is tripod, last time when I travelled abroad, I left my tripod home, and took my bag with equipment in plane with me, and didn't had any issues. I agree with @Bill Edwards , you will need to check this with the airlines company .

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
yes, but people that have experiences with can help a lot too ;) , I travell a lot by Norwegian airline ;)
I travelled with my old, havy tripod year abo, but in checked bag.. . Hm.. My new tripod are aluminim, light tripod.. intresting how about in overhead cabin bag ..:unsure:

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
yes, but people that have experiences with can help a lot too ;) , I travell a lot by Norwegian airline ;)
I travelled with my old, havy tripod year abo, but in checked bag.. . Hm.. My new tripod are aluminim, light tripod.. intresting how about in overhead cabin bag ..:unsure:

Check this nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Check this nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo

Thanks a lot Jack Jack , very interesting website, although there isn't my airlines, some of biggest only 😁
,but there isn't answer still, what the airlines say about travel with tripod 🤔. If you can't have there anything dangerous with you inside planes .. I think same can be in all air lines 🤔 .
Maybe we need to wait if any member who have experiences with travelling with tripod can say something about 😁

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
A tripod itself shouldn't be a problem from safety point of view as long as it fits in your hand luggage.
But most tripods are too long for this. Therefor I would recommend a small travel tripod which shouldn't cause any trouble as long as you don't become too heavy. The security staff might ask you what it is, but you should be able to explain it. Ask your airline to get information about the maximum weight for your hand luggage. I tried it already and hadn't had any problems.

Solution

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020

Danke shön Helix_2648 Helix_2648 for this informations 🙂. So , I have my new tripod enough small so it's not a problem and very light too,so I think it didn't need be a problem with..
But macro rail I think still about too, the staff can say that it's too much dangerous 😂. Or how you think about?
And it's airon.. 🤔 hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.