Tripods..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan420

Dec 7, 2020
Hello, I’m new to photography and macro photography. I currently need a tripod or other means of a base for my wemacro rail, Nikon d5600, and laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5x lens steady during photography. I don’t mind a slight cumbersome thing if need be. My question is, I’m disabled and beginning to run low on funds, is there anything some of you might have in mind to help me sort this out. I will mainly be photographing indoors, it needs to be able to move from my garden downstairs to my living room, maybe the off chance I want to go outside on a nice day. My main concern is sturdiness. An ideal tripod should be able to hold how much weight, would a cheap tripod rated to hold 25 pounds be comparable to a 1500$ Tripod rated for the same load? I found some that will hold 22lbs but they’re cheap. I know you obviously get what you pay for! I am open to a small adjustable table of sorts even. Thank you so much for your patients.

Reactions: Jack
Solution
Hi D Dan420, the best (and heaviest) tripods are better to hold heavy gear, such as Manfrottos. For indoor shots, I recommend putting the camera and Wemacro rail on a sturdy table, maybe fixed with screws to be sure to minimize the movements. If you shoot with continuous light, check if the final images are sharp enough, otherwise you might start using flashes and higher shutter speeds.

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 4
May 9, 2020
Hi D Dan420, I've got an alluminium tripod bought from China but a strong one and I'm very confident with it. Enough solid to be able to still stable with a D7200 and 70-300mm mounted on a MSM rotator and two ball head to shoot deep sky. Price around 50€ on ebay.

Reactions: Jack
Status
Not open for further replies.