Your opinion? Velvet Ant Wasp

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

ChanPaul

Feb 5, 2021
The Mutillidae are a family of more than 7,000 species of wasps whose wingless femaless resemble large, hairy ants

Velvet ants as they are commonly known refers to their dense pile of hair, which most often is bright scarlet or orange, but may also be black, white, silver, or gold ~ their bright colors serve as aposematic signals and they are known for their extremely painful stings

Velvet ants look like large hairy ants, but they are actually wasps as they differ from ants in having only a slight constriction between the thorax and abdomen and having straight rather than elbowed antennae

Attachments

• Mutillidae aka Velvet Ant.jpg
    Mutillidae aka Velvet Ant.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 7

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello ChanPaul ChanPaul . Thanks for the info. Regarding the photo, in my opinion is over retouched. You have added to much contrast and colours. Do you have original photo ? Try to retouch the photo to maintain the natural light.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
The ant looks interesting but I've to agree to Jack Jack regarding contrast and sharpness. It looks a bit a bit artifical to me.

Reactions: Jack

ChanPaul

Feb 5, 2021
The ant looks interesting but I've to agree to Jack Jack regarding contrast and sharpness. It looks a bit a bit artifical to me.
thanks to you n Jack i am learning more about macro photography, it's processing and presentation - as mentioned b4 i am a 5-6 months old newbiee and being 70ish years old doesn't help much as i tend to learn pretty slowly and sometimes only remember the things i wanna remember - thanks for bearing with me and i enjoy being here at Macroderie as i get honest opinions n comments instead of just a meaningless thumbs up - cheers n please continue with your comments so i may learn

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
thanks to you n Jack i am learning more about macro photography, it's processing and presentation - as mentioned b4 i am a 5-6 months old newbiee and being 70ish years old doesn't help much as i tend to learn pretty slowly and sometimes only remember the things i wanna remember - thanks for bearing with me and i enjoy being here at Macroderie as i get honest opinions n comments instead of just a meaningless thumbs up - cheers n please continue with your comments so i may learn
We have a photo clinic here on forun, where e you can request your photo to be fixed and edited.