Your opinion? Vespula germanica :)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
There's something distracting me but I'm not sure what it is. I think it's the isolation from the background. It looks like a manual composition. Have you changed the background?

The wasp itself looks really good but might be a bit sharper.

katona2019

Oct 13, 2020
There's something distracting me but I'm not sure what it is. I think it's the isolation from the background. It looks like a manual composition. Have you changed the background?

The wasp itself looks really good but might be a bit sharper.
Thank you for your comment. No, I didn't change the background. Maybe the lighting might seem a little weird or the matte effect might be a little too much. :)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I really like this photo katona2019 katona2019 , and aso very impressive that you achieved this with telephoto lens and raynox, makes me think that I wasted money for my 100mm Macro lens

• Love
Reactions: katona2019

katona2019

Oct 13, 2020
I really like this photo katona2019 katona2019 , and aso very impressive that you achieved this with telephoto lens and raynox, makes me think that I wasted money for my 100mm Macro lens
You didn't waste it, it was worth the price for sure. With my solution, macro photography is very difficult. I suffer greatly from depth of field. I have to shut it down a lot and this is coupled with a drastic ISO boost even with the flash. So my method doesn’t compete with a calcareous macro lens. :)

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
You didn't waste it, it was worth the price for sure. With my solution, macro photography is very difficult. I suffer greatly from depth of field. I have to shut it down a lot and this is coupled with a drastic ISO boost even with the flash. So my method doesn’t compete with a calcareous macro lens. :)

I have a telephoto lens too, but never thought that I can shoot macro with it. So decided to buy a proper macro lens.

Reactions: katona2019