Your opinion? Wasp Portrait

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Nikon d500 Iso 100 f16 focal lengh 25..

Pixelchimper

Sep 26, 2020
Found dead in my garden this morning. Cleaned it up as it was very dirty and covered in cobwebs. I actually washed in the sink then blow dried it. It worked lol. used Nikon d500
Iso 100
f16
Laowa 2.8 lens at x2.5
3 x rb10 led lamps at 50%
camera in manual mode.
Focal lenght 25mm.
I practiced using flags to try and add depth to the portrait and to cut down on the reflections in the eyes. Not there yet its better than my last attempt. I now write down everything I do and save it. added a blue filter as it cut down on the eys reflction.

Attachments

• wasp portrait affinity.jpg
    wasp portrait affinity.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Looks gorgeous Pixelchimper Pixelchimper , I never had any Laowa lenses, but the results seems to be amazing. How have you washed it ? Maybe you can write a small tutorial on resource page about that, as seems very interesting.

• Love
Reactions: Pixelchimper

Pixelchimper

Sep 26, 2020
Looks gorgeous Pixelchimper Pixelchimper , I never had any Laowa lenses, but the results seems to be amazing. How have you washed it ? Maybe you can write a small tutorial on resource page about that, as seems very interesting.
I just gently wash the insect in warm soapy water then blow dry it with a hairdryer on low heat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
http://extreme-macro.co.uk/cleaning-insects/ This link gives a great description on how to give your insect the spa treatment. I just gently wash the insect in warm soapy water then blow dry it with a hairdryer on low heat.

Thanks a lot Pixelchimper Pixelchimper , we usually focus on having resources on our site and don't allow promotions personal blogs/websites and other communities. But yes, you are more than welcome to write your own tutorial if you want 😉