Want critique Water droplets on a flower flake

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Exposure Time: 1/125
Flash: No Flash
Photographic Sensitivity (ISO): 1.600
Model: Canon EOS 90D
F: 2.8
Lens: Laowa 60mm F2.8

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020
Great picture if your attention was to show just the little drops. :D
In my opinion:
At F2.8 the dept of field is so narrow almost nothing is properly on focus also just a suggestion if you want to ridof the noise/grain just lower the iso and use a flash instead. :)

Reactions: Chavezshutter

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
I like the concept and the waterdroplets themselves are pretty nice and sharp but as its been mentioned before DOF is a bit narrow. Flash/torchlight, tripod, bigger working distance and focus stacking are your solutions. Let me know if you have any questions :)

Cheers

G

Guest 1012

I agree, I should have gone to a bigger F number.
Doing normal photos for a dozen years has implemented some "own rules" that I try to follow and now I try to balance the artistic side of the pictures with the technical part of doing macros.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I think the focus was impaired, I can say that it is not easy with a single shot to achieve a good result, the greater the magnification, the more difficult it will be to obtain the result.
I agree to your comment Rui_Santos Rui_Santos! It's hard to focus on such a small water drop with the right angle / position to get a good reflection.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Nice shot but the reflection inside of the water drop is missing and the noise looks a b