Closed Theme Water droplets photo theme

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The Photo Theme is closed for entries and commenting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

1of1Images

Oct 20, 2020
Today I want to offer you a photo theme that will give free rein to your imagination and your creativity. We talk about drop of water, in all its forms, whether dew, rain, on flowers, herbs, insects and even in colision caused indoors. Only condition: a macro photo!

Theme open for 2 weeks until October 26.
First post here...I took this image of morning dew drops on a spider web on my way to work in a baseball field. The image is at 7.5x magnification, a field of view of about 2.5mm from left to right. 200+ images stacked in Helicon.

dew in web.JPG
Olympus EM1 Mark 2, Olympus MC-20 Teleconverter, Pixco 16mm Extension Tube, Olympus 60mm Zuiko Macro Lens, Raynox 202, F5.6, ISO200 Focus bracket mode 1/10, over 200 images taken and stacked in Helicon

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
First post here...I took this image of morning dew drops on a spider web on my way to work in a baseball field. The image is at 7.5x magnification, a field of view of about 2.5mm from left to right. 200+ images stacked in Helicon.

View attachment 8890
Olympus EM1 Mark 2, Olympus MC-20 Teleconverter, Pixco 16mm Extension Tube, Olympus 60mm Zuiko Macro Lens, Raynox 202, F5.6, ISO200 Focus bracket mode 1/10, over 200 images taken and stacked in Helicon

That's crazy sharp 1of1Images 1of1Images . Thanks for sharing it with us. Definitely would love to see more images from you. And 200 images, that's a lot. Probably took you a while to stack them.

1of1Images

Oct 20, 2020
I do only simple macro photography as I try to take care of shutter count. I know here are a lot of photographers who does stacking. But I still prefer simple macro images 😁
I don’t have to worry about shutter count
As I always use electronic shutter

Reactions: Jack

1of1Images

Oct 20, 2020
Alright, electronic shutter? I never heard about it. Is something new I'm assuming.

Here's a good explanation:

I personally use Olympus cameras. Since I use focus bracketing, it is nice to use as it prevents shutter shock.

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 3 1
May 9, 2020

I personally use Olympus cameras. Since I use focus bracketing, it is nice to use as it prevents shutter shock.
Lots of modern cameras have got electronic shutters like Nikon D500 and some mirrorless cameras too.

Reactions: Jack and 1of1Images

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020

Thanks a lot 1of1Images 1of1Images . We usually tend to have our own resources here, if you want to add any guide, your are more than welcome https://macroderie.com/resources/

Alright, now I got that, because I never heard about electronic once.

Status
Not open for further replies.