Watermark

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
After i reinstalled my laptop i found out that my lightroom didn't have the watermark i used saved, was just a simple text based one. So i needed a new one. I spent the day on how to create watermarks and turning them into brushes and png files and how to apply them. Still rubish at it, but kept me off the street today.

I use lightroom and photoshop. It made me think when should i add the watermark? When exporting the photo from lightroom as jpeg or in photoshop? Or do you use another program just for the watermark?

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello TMG1961 TMG1961 ,

I would suggest to export watermark images directly from Lightroom if you are planning to upload them somewhere, but if you want to keep them on laptop for yourself, you can export them without the watermark.

You can ask on the forum for watermark help, and I'll be happy to do my best to create some for you.

Reactions: TMG1961

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
Hello TMG1961 TMG1961 ,

I would suggest to export watermark images directly from Lightroom if you are planning to upload them somewhere, but if you want to keep them on laptop for yourself, you can export them without the watermark.

You can ask on the forum for watermark help, and I'll be happy to do my best to create some for you.
Thank you, i made 2 simple versions. Of each version i made one with black letters and one with white letters. Only difference between them is that one version has the word photography under my name.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you, i made 2 simple versions. Of each version i made one with black letters and one with white letters. Only difference between them is that one version has the word photography under my name.
Let me know what you have in mind.

• How you'd like the watermark to look
  • Any png renders (link please)
  • Name of the watermark
  • Colours
A watermark should be very simple. Making to complicated will distract the attention from the photo.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
I know it is a bit much, but was happy i even managed to create them. Still struggling in photoshop with adding them either by using png file or using a brush. In lightroom you always need to adjust were the watermarks is going to be placed and how visible/large it is for every single photo. I have to think about what way i will go, watermark or no watermark. Lucky for me my photos are not in danger of anyone stealing them to make money with them :ROFLMAO:

• Grinning Face

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I know it is a bit much, but was happy i even managed to create them. Still struggling in photoshop with adding them either by using png file or using a brush. In lightroom you always need to adjust were the watermarks is going to be placed and how visible/large it is for every single photo. I have to think about what way i will go, watermark or no watermark. Lucky for me my photos are not in danger of anyone stealing them to make money with them :ROFLMAO:

If you give me the info I asked above, I'll try to make you some.

I know, but having watermark on images sometimes is useful, you never know who might be interested using your picture without your permission. I would say to set them at the bottom of the page in the left or right.

TMG1961

1 2
May 22, 2021
If you give me the info I asked above, I'll try to make you some.

I know, but having watermark on images sometimes is useful, you never know who might be interested using your picture without your permission. I would say to set them at the bottom of the page in the left or right.
I appreciated that you want to make them for me. But i want to do it myself, i need to learn how to do things myself. It will take much longer for me, unfortunately working with photo software is not my strong point and a lot of things i still do not understand. It took me almost 4 hours to make those 2 png files and create the brushes.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I appreciated that you want to make them for me. But i want to do it myself, i need to learn how to do things myself. It will take much longer for me, unfortunately working with photo software is not my strong point and a lot of things i still do not understand. It took me almost 4 hours to make those 2 png files and create the brushes.

You also can use logo generator TMG1961 TMG1961 . It's easier and quicker, doesn't require any Photoshop

Google: Logo generator, you can use logo as watermark as well.