Photography Welcome at my mini-studio

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
This thread is about general or macro photography discussion. Feel free to talk as much as you want :).

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
Here's my mini-studio dedicated to macro / proxiphotography, were i have taken my mushrooms portraits. All flash lighting and extensive use of masking devices to modify/structure the light insure me sharp shoots. I use two Godox Ad100 Pro for the main lighting, possibly supplemented by a Godox MF12.
The metal gantry is a Neewer ST100, which I'm very happy with for hanging lights, backgrounds or accessories.
To present my subjects in front of the camera, I'm increasingly using the laboratory column stand that you can see on the far left of the photo.
This setup represents an evolution in the way I shoot proxi/macros in the studio that I'm quite happy with. And one that I really enjoy using.

As for the different ways of lighting a subject, I simply draw my inspiration from standard studio techniques, adapted to the size of my subjects. To find out more, I'd refer you the Camera Club Youtube channel that I've drawn a lot of inspiration from.

studio.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Noel Art and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Wow, that's a proper studio. Are you doing photography as a stock? I've looked at your YouTube channel. And was very impressed. You have lots of subscribers as well. I started my channel last year too, but not much luck šŸ˜…

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
Wow, that's a proper studio. Are you doing photography as a stock? I've looked at your YouTube channel. And was very impressed. You have lots of subscribers as well. I started my channel last year too, but not much luck šŸ˜…
It's a mistake about YouTube. That's not my channel. Only one I follow to inspire my own photographs. I have no own channel.
I used to do photography for illustration purposes, among other tasks, as I worked in a public organism editing schoolbooks. Nowadays, it's only for my pleasure.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
It's a mistake about YouTube. That's not my channel. Only one I follow to inspire my own photographs. I have no own channel.
I used to do photography for illustration purposes, among other tasks, as I worked in a public organism editing schoolbooks. Nowadays, it's only for my pleasure.

Alright, I thought it's your channel. You have a serious studio for just a personal pleasure and hobby to be honest.

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
Alright, I thought it's your channel. You have a serious studio for just a personal pleasure and hobby to be honest.
Photography is one of my few vices and I've had a lot of fun with this studio. Especially as my knees are giving me problems and I'm finding it harder and harder to shoot macros outside...

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Photography is one of my few vices and I've had a lot of fun with this studio. Especially as my knees are giving me problems and I'm finding it harder and harder to shoot macros outside...

So sorry to hear that. There are plenty of subjects you can shoot inside as well.

Hans-Trapp

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2024
So sorry to hear that. There are plenty of subjects you can shoot inside as well.
No so dramatic. I shoot outdoor but no more macros at ground level. I often take mushrooms or flowers in the woods to shoot them at home.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
No so dramatic. I shoot outdoor but no more macros at ground level. I often take mushrooms or flowers in the woods to shoot them at home.

At least at home you can manipulate the subject the way you want it. Something you not able to do it in the forest.