Well, we're at the bar...how about a Cocktail?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
I'm thirsty now 😬 Tina Boes Tina Boes. You could have more lighting around for better details. But, I like the composition.
Thanks Jack, and I agree.
I worked with that photo over and over again trying to brighten it up over the past year. The problem is that is was an overcast day when I did the shoot, and I got grayish snow instead of white snow. I also had slight shadows happen because of the wood slats on the top of my Pergola. When I try to brighten that snow to make it white I lose all of the details in the rim of the glass and other areas. So, my plan this winter is to do this shot again when it is a bright sunny day out, away from the pergola and see if I can get what I want from it.
I am going to set up a table in the back yard and allow snow to build up on it. I won't have any problem with that, it's Michigan. LOL
Geez....I wrote a book there. Yakkity yak yak 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I would add more contrast to the picture and maybe some melon pieces. 😎 Either a slice of melon to the glass or smaller pieces around the glass. And maybe a mint leaf. Just as an idea...It's for sure a matter of taste and I think THIS cocktails tastes more than good!

Reactions: Tina Boes

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I'm thirsty now 😬 Tina Boes Tina Boes. You could have more lighting around for better details. But, I like the composition.
Thanks Jack, and I agree.
I worked with that photo over and over again trying to brighten it up over the past year. The problem is that is was an overcast day when I did the shoot, and I got grayish snow instead of white snow. I also had slight shadows happen because of the wood slats on the top of my Pergola. When I try to brighten that snow to make it white I lose all of the details in the rim of the glass and other areas. So, my plan this winter is to do this shot again when it is a bright sunny day out, away from the pergola and see if I can get what I want from it.
I am going to set up a table in the back yard and allow snow to build up on it. I won't have any problem with that, it's Michigan. LOL
Geez....I wrote a book there. Yakkity yak yak 🤣
You don't have to wait for winter for snow, check your freezer 😏😏

• Haha
Reactions: Tina Boes