What do you think about this diffuser?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi at all flash experts from you!

Since I'm not an expert in handicraft things I would like to buy an existing flash diffuser solution.
What do think about this one here: Link

Might this give good results?

Or do you know other flash diffuser which I can buy where you know about good results?

Thanks a lot!

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
For an external flash... not sure which I should buy but definitely an external solution!

D

Deleted member 250

Here is a very cheap diffuser unit from ebay or amazon with an additional diffuser fitted to my close up rig.
I can move it about as the need arises.
The off camera cable is there in case I need the ttl flash (I usually shoot manual) but it will work without using Nikons flash commander built into the body (I`m sure that Canon has something similar)

Attachments

• DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    739.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    745.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Karl
D

Deleted member 250

Hi at all flash experts from you!

Since I'm not an expert in handicraft things I would like to buy an existing flash diffuser solution.
What do think about this one here: Link

Might this give good results?

Or do you know other flash diffuser which I can buy where you know about good results?

Thanks a lot!
That looks like it should work OK with the flash on the hotshoe. its very similar in cocept to my version.
It would seem to be attached to the lens filter mount. Does the front element of your intended lens rotate?

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
That looks like it should work OK with the flash on the hotshoe. its very similar in cocept to my version.
It would seem to be attached to the lens filter mount. Does the front element of your intended lens rotate?
My 60mm macro lens from Canon does not rotate. I must check if the 105mm lens from Sigma (which I probably want to buy) rotates. This might be an important aspect.

Reactions: Deleted member 250

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 4
May 9, 2020
Helix_2648 Helix_2648 the easy way to make a simple diffuseur is to take a sheet of tracing paper A4 size to cut at the bottom a hole which size should be between 1 or 2cm larger than your lens cap. Trace this circle with his center at 2cm from the bottom of the sheet in the middle. Cut it and make two little holes at each extremes of the cut to place a rubber band. Now you've got a curved diffuser like the one you're looking for...