What do you think about this diffuser?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Helix_2648 Helix_2648 the easy way to make a simple diffuseur is to take a sheet of tracing paper A4 size to cut at the bottom a hole which size should be between 1 or 2cm larger than your lens cap. Trace this circle with his center at 2cm from the bottom of the sheet in the middle. Cut it and make two little holes at each extremes of the cut to place a rubber band. Now you've got a curved diffuser like the one you're looking for...

That's interesting MinitecaPhotographie MinitecaPhotographie , you could write a tutorial :)

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Helix_2648 Helix_2648 the easy way to make a simple diffuseur is to take a sheet of tracing paper A4 size to cut at the bottom a hole which size should be between 1 or 2cm larger than your lens cap. Trace this circle with his center at 2cm from the bottom of the sheet in the middle. Cut it and make two little holes at each extremes of the cut to place a rubber band. Now you've got a curved diffuser like the one you're looking for...
Thank you very much MinitecaPhotographie MinitecaPhotographie. I'm afraid of the stability... I would prefer a more stable plastic version. But good to know how to cut a diffuser. Maybe we've some more stable diffuser material in our sample shop.

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 4
May 9, 2020
I don't know if everyone knows Thomas Shahan who is for me a god of macrophotography but his diffuser il really simple. Just a sheet of flat tracing paper which is inside a plastic pocket fixed on his lens at rue bottom by rubber band and at the top attached to the lamp of his Kx800 twin flash.
kx800 review by Thomas Shahan