What we are missing out?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Sometimes I have notices that those who are living in a big cities they miss a lot of natural effects. Examples, stars on sky, fresh air, and other important factors which are necessary for humans life. What do you think? I know living in a big city will benefit the wages, but in my opinion there is something more important than money.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Sometimes I have notices that those who are living in a big cities they miss a lot of natural effects. Examples, stars on sky, fresh air, and other important factors which are necessary for humans life. What do you think? I know living in a big city will benefit the wages, but in my opinion there is something more important than money.

hi Jack ;)
I don't know too much about life in big city, Oulu is just enought big for me ;) , I love the city and the place where I life,i have fresh air, nature, forest sea.. riverdelta and what only very close.,. but I want to move one day to village out of city ,close if oulu ;) I miss village life and in own home, not block of flats wit another people around ;) , play music in so hig voice as I want to.. and life in place, when wildlife come itself close me 🤩 🤓 .. so still could be better ;) :D

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Hi ^^ that's my case. I live in a city, i can't see stars in the night, too much light spoil ... I got forest near and park, this is where i go for macro shooting ^^

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Well. That is a nice topic.
I'm born and raised in a big city but through the years I've lived for more than 15 years on islands, villages in Greece and abroad (Seefeld in Tirol Austria)
Living in the city when I was younger was something that I wanted to change. After living away from my city at a moment I started wanting to come back again mainly for personal ambitions having to do with my profession and evolvement.

Contact with Nature is something very basic for human beings especially for self and psychological balance.
We do miss important elements of life but the reason is not only wages and money. It has to do with many things different for each person.

Personally I try to spent as much time as I can near nature. Even in urban places that are near sea or forests. Luckily I have near me many places to escape where I'm doing my photo shoots.
I also go quite often to the countryside with my car.

But the sure thing is that we do miss lot of things....

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I miss meadows and nature reserves even if I only live in a small city. We've huge agricultural areas around our city but no natural meadows. So I always have problems to find some photo spots where I don't meet people every five minutes. That's a pity and very disappointing for me. But I try to find new spots for me to supply you with new pictures. ;):)

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
I am very lucky to have an active greenbelt around my city and it is easy to explore nature and wildlife. There are great places to go and enjoy wildlife just minutes from and in the city.

Reactions: Greg