Your opinion? Zombie Ghekko

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
While cleaning the room today I found this dead baby Gekko under the sofa, dried and desiccated. and as much as I like Gekko's I thought I would immortalise the poor thing in a photo. Good practice for me and a fair send off for this one who didn't quite make it.
I was manually focusing each shot without using my macro rail, so I missed focus in a few areas but it was a fun project. I originally set out to test the auto focus bracketing function on the Canon R5 but now realize this does not work with a flash, which is rather disappointing but lesson learned.
A stack of 28 images, stacked in Affinity photo and processed in photoshop. I also tried to give a zombie type colour grading - Did I hit the mark?

Canon R5, Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro, Canon MT-26EX-RT Twin Lite flash.
f/10.0, ISO 100, 1/25th

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Poor little guy . I appreciate the sentiment, its a nice thing to do so well done . You did a fine job capturing the gecko, looks sharp and textured, stack looks clean, reflection is a nice touch. Sadly I think its past its best days as a subject but as a hommage this is fine. Good work.

Reactions: Andy Smith

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Oh no...poor little guy. it must be dead quite long ago. I like the sharpness of it and the clean black background. Oh and the white frame too! It makes the whole photo more aesthetical.

Reactions: Andy Smith
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…