Your opinion? A Red Tulip 🌷

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Fujifilm XT1, Fujinon 60mm, F2.4, 1/180s, ISO 100, No Flash

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Finally, Flower Dome Singapore brings back the tulip festival (no tulips last year due to the rampant covid 19). I was so happy to see this flower again😍. I took a lot of photos and this is one of them. Hope you like it and I am open to any constructive criticism. ️😀

2021_1031_22162100 (1).jpg

Tina Boes

Jul 25, 2021
This is beautiful! I just love Tulips. Especially red ones.
We have a city near me that has a Tulip festival every year, but as you experienced, it was not held this year or last year. I am really hoping next year it will be back. Fields and fields of them in every color of the rainbow.

Reactions: lovitazoe

Chavezshutter

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 1
Aug 4, 2020
Fantastic! Beautiful colours and bokeh, lovely flower and edit, really well put together. One thought I do have is f/2.4 is the widest your lens goes?, if you really needed the extra light or want the thinnest DOF possible than all good , otherwise I think it's better to narrow your aparture to something like f/3.5 where the sharpness and overall performance of the lens will be better. All lenses perform at their best when they are neither at the bottom of the scale (aperture,zoom,etc) or the top. Overall its a great capture and my thought on the f/stop is more of a question of whether you needed your widest aperture and its cost in image quality, I think you did great on this photo 😍

Andy Smith

1 2
Sep 17, 2021
Very nice image and if I had any critique it would be that maybe if you had rotated the camera a little or moved a tiny bit further to the right, you would have captured the red tulip with a frame of yellow tulips around it in a very pleasing way. As it is now the red tulip interacts with the yellow one on the right side instead of standing alone. Just a thought.. :)

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
This is beautiful! I just love Tulips. Especially red ones.
We have a city near me that has a Tulip festival every year, but as you experienced, it was not held this year or last year. I am really hoping next year it will be back. Fields and fields of them in every color of the rainbow.
Thanks, Tina! Yes, the colours were so beautiful and pleasing to the eye. Hope next year the city near your area will start the festival again. 😃

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Fantastic! Beautiful colours and bokeh, lovely flower and edit, really well put together. One thought I do have is f/2.4 is the widest your lens goes?, if you really needed the extra light or want the thinnest DOF possible than all good , otherwise I think it's better to narrow your aparture to something like f/3.5 where the sharpness and overall performance of the lens will be better. All lenses perform at their best when they are neither at the bottom of the scale (aperture,zoom,etc) or the top. Overall its a great capture and my thought on the f/stop is more of a question of whether you needed your widest aperture and its cost in image quality, I think you did great on this photo 😍
Thank you for the compliment and advice, Chavezshutter Chavezshutter ! 😃
Oh I remember now Helix_2648 Helix_2648 and you told me too last time when I just joined to take a photo with f2.8 ,f3.5, f4.0. I should keep this in mind. 😁

Reactions: Chavezshutter

lovitazoe

Staff member
Legend TEAM
3 3 1
Feb 21, 2021
Very nice image and if I had any critique it would be that maybe if you had rotated the camera a little or moved a tiny bit further to the right, you would have captured the red tulip with a frame of yellow tulips around it in a very pleasing way. As it is now the red tulip interacts with the yellow one on the right side instead of standing alone. Just a thought.. :)
Thank you, Andy, for the compliment and suggestion.😃
Yes it would be nice to have the red tulip standing alone but at that moment there was a staff right beside me replacing the withered tulips with new ones 🙈.

Reactions: Andy Smith

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I really love the soft and fading fore- and background! And that looks together with the wonderful color contrasts just perfect.