Your opinion? Abstract Textures

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Nikon D610
Helios 81N 50mm f/2.0
s 1/1000
f/2.0
ISO 100
+ Close Up filter x2

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Abstract Textures

Photo taken at the Diomidous Botanical Garden.
In a small technical swamp there are plants like these in semi dry condition that gives them a variety of colours.
I photograph in most of the cases having the sun against me. I prefer it because it highlights the textures. The hard thing is that I'm using old glass (USSR vintage lenses) for their unique character inherited by design imperfections. The Helios 81N is a unique 50mm lens with super sharp performance, bokeh from another world but with flare that sometimes is artistically nice. It is hard to control it the way I shoot (with light against me) but I manage it using lens hood (which is not enough) and if things get hard using my hand for shade.

DSC_1034.JPG

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
in my opinion any lens has something unique and special to bring on, you just need to know how you can achieve great results with any lens you have on your artillery. An other great shot panos_adgr panos_adgr ;)

Reactions: panos_adgr

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
You are welcome panos_adgr panos_adgr 🙂. Did you took a lot of pictures today?
Hi panos_adgr panos_adgr I do agree the the older USSR lens give a unique colour rendition...your photo and technique is good...thanks for sharing this lovely photo..
in my opinion any lens has something unique and special to bring on, you just need to know how you can achieve great results with any lens you have on your artillery. An other great shot panos_adgr panos_adgr ;)
pretty interresting picture ^^ good job
I was thinking maybe to create a macro abstract photo theme panos_adgr panos_adgr :)

Dear friends, thank you all for your nice comments!

I apologise for the delayed answer.

Reactions: Jusri and Jack