Acceptance

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Shchepanek

Greg
Monthly VIP
5 3 3
Apr 20, 2020
I am the same. I like to let the camera tell the story and I get some great comments on how to shoot better photos from the members making me hopefully a better photographer. I use PS as creation software and not to image edit my photos extensively...I can truly say I am in the same boat.

D

Deleted member 250

I dont stack (not in camera, not out of camera), i dont use PS except for some tinkering with the background once in a while. While the society of great macro photographers like the members of this community accept me?
Shan Shan I don`t normally stack images and like you I only use PS for removing distractions in the background.

My point is that if you happen to own one of the latest high end camera bodies that can do in camera stacking coupled with really good image stabilisation it is comparatively easier to produce high quality images unattainable to members using "normal" dslr`s
I therefore feel that these images should be in a seperate subforum

Reactions: Shan

Shan

2 2
Apr 12, 2020
i would think that a stacked and a single shot image cannot be compared. Even when i see the Macro category in salons, i do not normally participate unless i am sure the judges go for Photo Quality and not Image Quality..if you know what i mean.
I am the same. I like to let the camera tell the story and I get some great comments on how to shoot better photos from the members making me hopefully a better photographer. I use PS as creation software and not to image edit my photos extensively...I can truly say I am in the same boat.

your photographs do tell a story. It shows your love for nature and photography is one way to express it. Its like documenting something very close to your heart!

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi everyone!!
I usually edit pictures too much :D, trying to capture something unique and outstandig with cheap equipmants I have been used , because I haven\t already more monay to spand on photography, althought some of investitions in photo equipments has been in last time... I\ve been trying to learn new technigues and improving my photography skills and go closer to my objects, especilally to insects. with external ring tubs macro, that is very very hard but not unpossible, if I continue to practic a lot.. and Photoshop and Lightroom are great, because help me a lot to improve pictures.. my good partners :D , but it need to a lot of time to edit the pictures well with and get the effects I wanted... :) . Maybe not best way, butgood for me :D

But it's great that everybody have another styll, technique, goals.. it take the Forum more intresting. and you see how we have been enjoyed together in this international, small community .. :)

I love youtr pictures Shan Shan , so keep going this way ;):love:

Reactions: Shan

Shan

2 2
Apr 12, 2020
Hi everyone!!
I usually edit pictures too much :D, trying to capture something unique and outstandig with cheap equipmants I have been used , because I haven\t already more monay to spand on photography, althought some of investitions in photo equipments has been in last time... I\ve been trying to learn new technigues and improving my photography skills and go closer to my objects, especilally to insects. with external ring tubs macro, that is very very hard but not unpossible, if I continue to practic a lot.. and Photoshop and Lightroom are great, because help me a lot to improve pictures.. my good partners :D , but it need to a lot of time to edit the pictures well with and get the effects I wanted... :) . Maybe not best way, butgood for me :D

But it's great that everybody have another styll, technique, goals.. it take the Forum more intresting. and you see how we have been enjoyed together in this international, small community .. :)

I love youtr pictures Shan Shan , so keep going this way ;):love:

Dziękuję Ci for your kind words.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I never tried to stack any of image, but I can’t see this to be an issue, we are all different and see things differently which is totally normal.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I fully agree to this. There are so many great non stacked images! Ok... I'm someone who mostly stack pictures but I would never say that the quality of a non stacked image is worse than a stacked one. There are limits for really high magnifications but normal shots with enough light can have nearly the same details as a stacked one.

And Shan Shan your pictures are always awesome. Haven't seen any pictures which was not ok!

Shan

2 2
Apr 12, 2020
I fully agree to this. There are so many great non stacked images! Ok... I'm someone who mostly stack pictures but I would never say that the quality of a non stacked image is more worse than a stacked one. There are limits for really high magnifications but normal shots with enough lights can have nearly the same details as a stacked one.

And Shan Shan your pictures are always awesome. Haven't seen any pictures which was not ok!
should i post a selfie? :ROFLMAO:

Ron Westbroek

1 2
Apr 21, 2020
I stack all my macro photos, but that's also because that function is on the camera and I also edit them in photoshop to optimize the color and get rid of spots.
But everyone does it their way and that's a good thing.
You don't have to like what I like and vice versa, that's why I find it difficult to comment on someone else's photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.