Want critique After rain.. abstracts with water drops, from botanical garden

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Iso 320 f3.5 .1.320s single shot- both

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Not bad nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo , but still expecting more sharpness and details. Cropping the image, will make the image quality worse.

hmm , how wold you cropp it ?
I think the sharpness is fine as for abstrac picture ;) , and it was a big a challange to get sharp the water drop as it was very small... but i just created something I like , not too much or too lot.. ;)

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I meant in the second image, The subject is really out of focus to be honest . Even in the first photo, the focus needs to be improved.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I meant in the second image, The subject is really out of focus to be honest . Even in the first photo, the focus needs to be improved.

Hmm but Jack Jack focus on the inside of water drops, so it is there where I wanted to have the focus, maybe a bit biggest aperture would make all water drops sharps 🤔. Abstract pictures don't need to be too much sharp and well done 🤭 isn't it panos_adgr panos_adgr 😉🙏. Itself I'm really glad for this pictures to get it like it.. But all suggestions are welcome for next time 😉🙏☀️📸

Reactions: Jack

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Hello Natalia!

I will not comment by saying what would I do, because this is your work.
I will only say aesthetically composition works fine for me. I see a nice transition from the round drop of water to the bokeh circles that create scales of transition from positive to negative space.

I like the of centre position of the drop and the way the bokeh balls work in the frame.
The second wins me more.

Nice work!
Have in mind that light and shapes in the background can really transform your photo. When you shoot this kind of photos pay attention to the background with the same level of importance as you do with your main subject. They interact strongly between them. The fact that the background is out of focus is a challenge on it own!

There are times that I've left nice subjects un-photographed because the background was not interesting at all.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hello Natalia!

I will not comment by saying what would I do, because this is your work.
I will only say aesthetically composition works fine for me. I see a nice transition from the round drop of water to the bokeh circles that create scales of transition from positive to negative space.

I like the of centre position of the drop and the way the bokeh balls work in the frame.
The second wins me more.

Nice work!
Have in mind that light and shapes in the background can really transform your photo. When you shoot this kind of photos pay attention to the background with the same level of importance as you do with your main subject. They interact strongly between them. The fact that the background is out of focus is a challenge on it own!

There are times that I've left nice subjects un-photographed because the background was not interesting at all.

Thanks a lot dear panos_adgr panos_adgr for your lovely comment as always 🙏🙏☀️ I know, you understand my work better as anothers 😉🤩🙏. Abstract&art pictures isn't easy to understand for everyone! I'm really happy with this pictures and thems looking like, maybe some of improveing by editing again.. but I really like the results and thanks for your opinion, which one you like more Panos 🙏😉☀️.
For me the pictures have some of magic.. to much sharpness would broke the feeling 🤩🙏☀️😆
Thank you so much Panos for your comment again 🙏☀️. I'm so happy to meet you and keep contact with you 🙏😁🙏

Yohanna_D

Legend TEAM
3 2 1
Jul 14, 2020
Wonderful shots indeed - knowing that this sort of photo is not that easy to take;
I like the second one best because of the flare that is less bright - the luminosity was well handled. In the first one the fact that the flare is a bit too bright, it takes away the interest for the droplet.
But overall it's an amazing shot! 👏 🤩

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Wonderful shots indeed - knowing that this sort of photo is not that easy to take;
I like the second one best because of the flare that is less bright - the luminosity was well handled. In the first one the fact that the flare is a bit too bright, it takes away the interest for the droplet.
But overall it's an amazing shot! 👏 🤩

Merci beaucoup pour votre commentaire Yohanna_D Yohanna_D 🙏☀️ . Luckily you understand my point of view on the art & abstract pictures well as panos_adgr panos_adgr 🙏☀️😉

Reactions: Yohanna_D