Want critique are you talking to me?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
olympus em5 mark III, 60 frames olympus focus stacking, zuiko 60mm macro + raynox dcr 250 + extension tubes, ring flash neewer in continuous mode, helicon focus + capture one

ehades

Nov 3, 2020
60 images, it's a lot. Do you take care of shutter count on your camera?

I don't care much, since olympus activates the electronic shutter when selecting the focus stacking option, but yes, there are many shots in each session

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
I don't care much, since olympus activates the electronic shutter when selecting the focus stacking option, but yes, there are many shots in each session

Didn't knew that. I would like to see more images, stacked of course. You can show your equipment on showcase page if you'd like. Would be interested.

ehades

Nov 3, 2020
Didn't knew that. I would like to see more images, stacked of course. You can show your equipment on showcase page if you'd like. Would be interested.
without problems, I will put it on the presentation page so you can see it, I will upload another stacking sample, depending on the magnification I usually use between 25 and 75 shots (the photos are reduced to 50%)
070520_2.jpg

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
without problems, I will put it on the presentation page so you can see it, I will upload another stacking sample, depending on the magnification I usually use between 25 and 75 shots (the photos are reduced to 50%)
View attachment 9333

that’s gorgeous. I would say to start an other thread with new images, easy to access. Also , would you be able to write a guide how you do such of great stack here ?

ofc if you have time.

ehades

Nov 3, 2020
that’s gorgeous. I would say to start an other thread with new images, easy to access. Also , would you be able to write a guide how you do such of great stack here ?

ofc if you have time.
Of course, I will create a thread with these photos and during the week I will create a guide with the steps to follow, since I have lent the camera to a friend who needed a second body for this weekend

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Of course, I will create a thread with these photos and during the week I will create a guide with the steps to follow, since I have lent the camera to a friend who needed a second body for this weekend

Looking forward for it. No problem. Take your time. You can create that guide on Resource page.

Reactions: ehades

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Wow! Both pictures are so amazing! The stacking quality looks nearly perfect. There some cross-fadings visible which looks like you've used method C.
But I've to search for it... so it doesn't matter at all. E ehades

I can only agree to Jack Jack! You should upload your pictures to the MOTM event if you've received posts.

Reactions: Jack and ehades