Athens Open Art Festival / Art Number 23 London / Athens

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Dear friends!

A couple of weeks ago I applied 4 of my works to the Athens Open Art Festival 2020. It is an art festival with an international open call for artists. It is organised by a London based Art Gallery called Art Number 23. The Art Number 23 Gallery has two exhibition spaces. One is located in London and one in Athens.

Yesterday I recieved and email from the gallery that filled me with joy.
3 of the 4 photos I registered in my application form were qualified by the gallery and they will be exhibited in the Art Number 23 Gallery of Athens in the 20th of November 2020.
It is a very special moment for me and feeling very very honoured!
All this time, the past half year that I devoted a lot of time in Macro / Close Up Photography, I have been sharing works of mine with you and I felt I wanted to share these good news with you.

It is great great news coming 2 years after the The Nikon International Photo Contest where a another photo of mine (Landscape) was showcased in the Nikon International Photo Contest Calendar.

I attach the 3 photos that were selected for the Athens Open Art Festival.

With Tittle
Hopelight

DSC_3975_01.JPG

With Tittle
Continuum

DSC_3843_01.JPG

With Tittle
Turning Point

DSC_3869_01.JPG

Last edited:

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Wow! You deserve the honour for your majestic work! Especially the first one is my favorite! Please keep us in loop how the exhibitions is going as well as the feedback! I'm so excited and I'm happy for you!

• Love
Reactions: panos_adgr

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Wow! You deserve the honour for your majestic work! Especially the first one is my favorite! Please keep us in loop how the exhibitions is going as well as the feedback! I'm so excited and I'm happy for you!
Thank you very much dear Helix!!!
I hope everything will go well with the coronavirus situation also. I will keep this thread updated.
It is a great honour for me too. It is the first time that works of mine will be exhibited and I'm very anxious for this new experience!

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I believe you! Some years ago one of my pictures was part of a smaller excibition but without any feedback.

Reactions: panos_adgr

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I'm very happy with you my dear panos_adgr panos_adgr 🙏🤩. Your pictures are really art so I'm not surprised with! Hope the success will motivate you to take more beautiful pictures and photo book one day 🤩😘🙏. And when you become famous Photographer I'll proud to say that i had occasion to meet you online 😘🤩.
I'm wishing you all best same!
For Helix_2648 Helix_2648 too of course 😉🤩🙏

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
That’s really great news panos_adgr panos_adgr . I always liked your abstract pictures, you do put a lot of effort into it, and as Helix_2648 Helix_2648 said, you deserved. Would be nice if you will have some images how your pictures will be shown there :) . I have never tried to apply my images to exhibitions , but probably I need to have a look .

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
I'm very happy with you my dear panos_adgr panos_adgr 🙏🤩. Your pictures are really art so I'm not surprised with! Hope the success will motivate you to take more beautiful pictures and photo book one day 🤩😘🙏. And when you become famous Photographer I'll proud to say that i had occasion to meet you online 😘🤩.
I'm wishing you all best same!
For Helix_2648 Helix_2648 too of course 😉🤩🙏

Thank you very very much, for your kind words dear nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo ! I'm very happy for this event also! I really love photography and is something very personal as I have said many times before! I really express myself and my thoughts many times, through photography. And my photos, many times, have to do with my psycology.
I do it with passion because I love it. My submition of works to the gallery was more for the intention to aknowledge if they can stand out in an art event or gallery.
Thank you for your wish!😍

That’s really great news panos_adgr panos_adgr . I always liked your abstract pictures, you do put a lot of effort into it, and as Helix_2648 Helix_2648 said, you deserved. Would be nice if you will have some images how your pictures will be shown there :) . I have never tried to apply my images to exhibitions , but probably I need to have a look .

Thank you dear Helix! The truth is that from the beginning of corona crisis I have dedicated great amount of time to study photography. Not technically. I studied other (great) photographers, their thoughts their motivation and the way they expressed themselves. This helped me to free my mind from thoughts and consentrate more in my works, my thoughts, my feelings and in the final result.
I'm very focused and consentrated now whan I do photography. I do it without thinking what is right or wrong technically. I focus on what I want to achieve as a result based on my creative thoughts and feelings, out of boundaries that have to do with rules or technical 'laws'.

Once a photographer that visits the botanical garden said to me while i was photographing...
'Hello! The light is to harsh today and you photograph against the sun.' (Contre Jour).
I replied to him..
'This is what I want!'
I was photographing as usual an abstract photo of a flower. I had the sun against me because when the light comes from the opossite side of my subjects it iluminates them in a unique way (like an XRAY) and this gives a very diferrent perspective to the final result.
If I was photographing 'inside the box' of rules and standard techniques I wouldn't free myself creatively and maybe the result would be an ordinary technicaly perfect photo.... with no meaning. I'm not interested in this. I always look for the dreamy side of things. The out of the ordinary. Sometimes I achieve it and sometimes i do not. But failure makes my study and seek ways to do what I want.

Congratulations panos_adgr panos_adgr your work is sublime and depicts the beauty of all nature much deserved the recognition

Thank you dear Greg! Your words are honouring me and my efforts! I apreciate it a lot!

Thank you all!

I hope that everything will go well (with corona) and the exhibition to take place on time.
I will surely cover the event with photos, as it is something very special for me.