Your opinion? Butterfly

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
ISO 1000, F/5.6, 1/180 s

Shan

Apr 12, 2020
this is a beautiful photograph. It not only shows the butterflies but also the habitat and the ecosystem. This is not a true macro but a great depiction of the insects. May i share it in some of my groups? I would also be interested to know the name of the butterflies.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
The butterflies and the composition is really good, but there are some things which might be better:

1592643727206.png

1.) The image quality itself is not so good. Maybe it's just because of the dpi (as Shan Shan mentioned above) or just a question of wrong JPG quality settings.

2.) The marked edges of the flower petals looks like as there are some ghost effects?

3.) The vignette is too strong (for my opinion)

I would try to change something in your post-processing and test different JPG settings.

D

Deleted member 310

Taken with Canon 6D Camera and Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens.
Distance may be 30 to 50cm, I don't remember exactly.
Hi Philippe RAPHAEL Philippe RAPHAEL I do not understand the result of your photo, you have excellent material, there is an inconsistency with your photo, can you send me the raw on I can look on my side, I want to know if it is a problem of photo or post-processing. If you want I will give you my email to send it via wetransfer ;)

Philippe RAPHAEL

May 30, 2020
this is a beautiful photograph. It not only shows the butterflies but also the habitat and the ecosystem. This is not a true macro but a great depiction of the insects. May i share it in some of my groups? I would also be interested to know the name of the butterflies.
Yes you can share this picture
[automerge]1592659078[/automerge]
Hi Philippe RAPHAEL Philippe RAPHAEL I do not understand the result of your photo, you have excellent material, there is an inconsistency with your photo, can you send me the raw on I can look on my side, I want to know if it is a problem of photo or post-processing. If you want I will give you my email to send it via wetransfer ;)
Sorry it'a an old photo and I didn't kept the raw after post-processing

D

Deleted member 310

Yes you can share this picture
[automerge]1592659078[/automerge]

Sorry it'a an old photo and I didn't kept the raw after post-processing
it's a pity, there's something I don't understand, we'll see with your next posts, I'll follow them ;)