Your opinion? butterfly

The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
EXIF
Canon 450d F/18 1/160
Jul 12, 2020
No not yet but I’d lik
Hi Dan_roberts_photography ,
Nice atmosphere on the picture, I like this saturation and the colours, something different but working well (on iPhone screen )
Have you taken the picture by night?

no not yet but
Nice atmosphere on the picture, I like this saturation and the colours, something different but working well (on iPhone screen )

No not yet but I’d like to at some point, think I’d need a better light/flash before trying

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
thank you, I like to high contrast and darker backgrounds tones to bring the subject to life as much as possible

I know about this technique. Sometimes I do drop down the dark tone, exposure and increase the shadow. Also vignette around the subject too.

Jul 12, 2020
I know about this technique. Sometimes I do drop down the dark tone, exposure and increase the shadow. Also vignette around the subject too.

I agree, vignette especially when your subject is more central and the background is busy, helps draw your eyes to the subject

Reactions: Jack
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…