Want critique Chinese Mantis

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello Samdunton Samdunton . Not bad at all. What I would recommend, is to have your f stop around 11, maybe a diffuser as well to avoid noise on your photo. So you can achieve more in focus subject. But that's only my opinion. Apart from that, looks really good. Also, is the photo cropped?

Samdunton

Nov 22, 2020
Hello Samdunton Samdunton . Not bad at all. What I would recommend, is to have your f stop around 11, maybe a diffuser as well to avoid noise on your photo. So you can achieve more in focus subject. But that's only my opinion. Apart from that, looks really good. Also, is the photo cropped?
This was shot at f20 with a diffuser flash - it is indeed a crop.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
This was shot at f20 with a diffuser flash - it is indeed a crop.

Alright, would be interesting to see full photo.

By the way, would be interesting to see your diffuser too. You can showcase it here If you want.

Samdunton

Nov 22, 2020
Alright, would be interesting to see full photo.

By the way, would be interesting to see your diffuser too. You can showcase it here If you want.

Thanks - I’ll take a shot of my diffuser and can post it. I also can post the full size, I had originally cropped it for Instagram to show more detail.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thanks - I’ll take a shot of my diffuser and can post it. I also can post the full size, I had originally cropped it for Instagram to show more detail.

Feel free to share original photo too ;) .