Want critique Coccinella septempunctata

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Exposure Time: 1/200
FNumber: 8
Focal Length: 50
Photographic Sensitivity (ISO): 800
Lens Model: EF50mm f/1.8 STM

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hello again @Guest 1012 . Good perspective, however there is a lot of noise. Did you took the photo hand held ?

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Hello @Guest 1012 ! Nice colours and composition. I don't know under what lighting circumstances you took the photo, for using high ISO, but the noise removes a bit of the image perfection. With a lower iso it would be perfect. But as I said I don't know under what lighting circumstances you took the photo, so I see from your exif info that you needed a high shutter speed with a closed lens aperture (for deeper depth of field obviously) and this resulted in a high iso value, analogically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guest 1012 and Jack
G

Guest 1012

I think that’s why the subject is so shaky
Indeed. It is hard to track a little moving bug, the light helped only a little (even though it was sunny outside, the bug is in shade), and my macro skills are not very good with anything that is moving.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
It wouldn't be possible to get a much better result without using a flash with a good diffuser. f/8 with 1/200s looks ok to me for a free hand shot. And if the light conditions was as bad as described it's hard to achive better results. The framing and perspective looks good to me so I would suggest to give it a try to take such shots with a flash @Guest 1012

Reactions: Guest 1012