Others COSMOS | Series

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

DuncanLPP

May 29, 2020
COSMOS | Ep.3

My wife's eye

EXIFS :

Fujifilm XT-3 + XF 80mm Macro Lens + Flash Godox V1

• f/11
  • ISO 160
  • 1/250s
  • Flash 1/16

View attachment 14155

Concerning the shooting, I proceed as follows.

_DSC1343_copy_532x800.jpg

As you can see, I place myself in front of my subject. The cobra flash is positioned on the camera towards my subject.

_DSC1344_copy_532x800.jpg

My flash allows me to emit a continuous light. This light is very important because oriented in front of my subject's eye, it allows me to reduce the size of the pupil to make a beautiful iris visible.

You can of course use the flash light from your smartphone. The goal is to illuminate the eye of your subject to highlight the iris and its details.

On the other hand, be careful not to blind your subject but also to the orientation of your light which will have an impact on the overall aesthetics of your image. The goal is to minimize as much as possible the reflections of the light on the eye.

For the adjustments of shots, here no secret. A high depth of field ( f/8 - f/11 ) is required for maximum image sharpness. It is the same with your ISO sensitivity because the lower your ISO sensitivity is, the better your image will be because it will not be disturbed by the digital noise of the sensor.

Regarding the shutter speed (here 1/250s) it is none other than my flash sync speed. Avoid too slow speeds (blurred to move).

Attachments

• _DSF5634-Modifier.md.jpg
    _DSF5634-Modifier.md.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 0

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hye DuncanLPP DuncanLPP , looks like I missed here the important story. Thanks for sharing these impressive pictures. When doing such of images, does the person not feeling discomfort ?