Your opinion? Cricket

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXIF
f16 @ 1/250 iso 100

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Really good @Bill Edwards. Unfortunately the armoring of the crickets reflects the flash light but that's something which cannot avoid. So it shouldn't be a point to discuss.

Sharpness and details looks very good. Focus as well and composition is also fine. (y)

Reactions: Deleted member 250
D

Deleted member 250

Thank you Helix_2648 Helix_2648
You are absolutely correct re the reflections, very difficult to avoid.
I am still trying to find the complete answer for a flash diffuser to minimise just this sort of reflection

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
That's one reason why I prefer natural sunlight, but to be honest I notice that I reach my limits related to aperture and DOF. Even for stacking. So I would raher accepts those reflections than having a low DOF or blurry images because of slow shutterspeeds. Therefor I'm really thinking about to but a flash.

Reactions: Deleted member 250
D

Deleted member 250

That's one reason why I prefer natural sunlight, but to be honest I notice that I reach my limits related to aperture and DOF. Even for stacking. So I would raher accepts those reflections than having a low DOF or blurry images because of slow shutterspeeds. Therefor I'm really thinking about to but a flash.
Just some info, If you are going to use the flash when stacking you will need a fast recycle time and probably shoot at about 1/16 or 1/8 power on manual to give the fast burst rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.