Your opinion? Deadly Nightshade in bloom

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked your opinion about his/her photo(s) attached in the topic.

Mongrel

Nov 11, 2020
This is the first shot I'm sharing here. I chose this one because I got an invite for this forum after sharing it elsewhere, and because it covers my favorite theme - magic plants. Species that, beyond ethnological significance, have been used for shamanic, healing or psychoactive purposes. I like to grow them and know them.

Atropa belladonna has a long tradition in eurasian plant lore. It can be as powerful as toxic; eating a few of its black berries can kill you. It has been used in pagan traditions and witchcraft, and some of its active compounds, most specially atropine, have been very important in western medicine. Centuries ago, women used a water tincture obtained from the fruit as eye drops. It would dilate the pupils, making them shiny and seductive. Hence the name of the species.

Considering its power, the small, dark purple flowers are curiously shy. But captured from below they seem to show a passage to a different place.

01-Atropa_belladonna.jpg

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Mongrel Mongrel , I was more impressed by the information which you have provided. I never knew such of information, and it's definitely useful the information together with photo.

Regarding the photo, I really love the bokeh effect. And looks sharp too. Feel free to share more.

Reactions: Ttrimm and Mongrel

Mongrel

Nov 11, 2020
Thank you all for the nice feedback, I'm glad you like it :)
It can be tricky when we find a subject fascinating, and we become partial to it. I try to make up for my little technical knowledge with a bit of that fascination, and a little description really helps to share it.

Reactions: Jack

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
What a beautiful presentation of the photo and the characteristics / properties of the flower!
Thank you for the information!

About the photo all I can say is that the centre of the flower magnetised my eyes! Excellent!!!

Reactions: Mongrel

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you all for the nice feedback, I'm glad you like it :)
It can be tricky when we find a subject fascinating, and we become partial to it. I try to make up for my little technical knowledge with a bit of that fascination, and a little description really helps to share it.

Feel free to share information on description too, sometimes it's interesting to know more about subject.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
The colors as well as the perspective looks really amazing. Especially the sharp polen isolated from the blurry blossom. Awesome!

Baenki

Sep 9, 2020
Whoa 😮
It looks great. Did you do a exposure stack to get the center as well as the background exposed properly or was did the light just shine through that way?

Mongrel

Nov 11, 2020
Whoa 😮
It looks great. Did you do a exposure stack to get the center as well as the background exposed properly or was did the light just shine through that way?

Thank you :) Actually I've never done a stack so far, this shot has no processing besides some cropping. Just took it at the right sun hour.