External flash for Nikon camera

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Luca85

May 2, 2020
Good morning, I wanted some advice on which external flash to buy for my nikon!
I had thought of the Neewer NW565EX i-TTL slave speedlite with diffuser, given the affordable price.

Thanks for the replies :)
Luca

Reactions: Karl

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Hey Luca85 Luca85 , just saw your post, Hope is not to late. Personally I would stay away from neewer speedlites, as you never know what damage can give to your camera. Better look on Nikon website, you will pay extra money , but you will have stable equipment, and if something goes wrong, you can make a claim too.

D

Deleted member 250

Sorry to disagree Jack Jack but I have three neewer speedlights for studio use and one Yongnuo and in three years of heavy use not one has given the slightest problem.
Both brands are well thought of and have a high reputation.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Sorry to disagree Jack Jack but I have three neewer speedlights for studio use and one Yongnuo and in three years of heavy use not one has given the slightest problem.
Both brands are well thought of and have a high reputation.

Then my apologies, I never used them, but read some reviews on Amazon. I'm using

canon speedlite 600ex ii‑rt

And seems to be ok for me.

Reactions: Deleted member 250
D

Deleted member 250

No need for apologies Jack Jack .
I agree that the camera manufacturers own products are made to match with the bodies perfectly but at a price. I have owned Nikon units as well and to be honest, I think the build quality of the after market products is very close (can`t comment on the electronics).
My advice would be that if you can afford the camera manufacturers product then go for it as you won`t find better but if price is a consideration, the after market products are fine , just don`t buy a no name chinese knock off.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
No need for apologies Jack Jack .
I agree that the camera manufacturers own products are made to match with the bodies perfectly but at a price. I have owned Nikon units as well and to be honest, I think the build quality of the after market products is very close (can`t comment on the electronics).
My advice would be that if you can afford the camera manufacturers product then go for it as you won`t find better but if price is a consideration, the after market products are fine , just don`t buy a no name chinese knock off.

To be honest, nowadays pretty much everything is made in China.
I think if you buy from the brand and something goes wrong , there will be more chance to claim a refund or repair then when you will buy from Other third party brands .

Reactions: Deleted member 250