Want critique First attempt

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
Exposure Time: 2.5
Photographic Sensitivity (ISO): 100
Lens: Laowa 60mm Ultra Macro
I can't remember the F number.

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi @Guest 1012! Well done for the first attempt! The reflection looks really good but I would increase the depth of field a bit and check the illumination of the wire and the water drop. The foreground (except of the reflection) is too dark. You can see no structure or colors from the wire. It's just nearly black.

Piranha

Dec 11, 2020
I like that the only clear part of the image is the refraction of the daisy. It draws the eye to it immediately.

Last edited:

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Really well done @Guest 1012 . I would say to have the droplet in the middle of frame, as there is nothing else in composition. Apart from that, I love it.

Reactions: Guest 1012

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 4
May 9, 2020
Really well done @Guest 1012 . I would say to have the droplet in the middle of frame, as there is nothing else in composition. Apart from that, I love it.
I'm not agree with you Jack Jack. According to me the best position for the droplet should have been on the upper third line and at the cross of left and upper lines as the drop is "looking" down (gravity is a fact...).

Reactions: Jack and Guest 1012
G

Guest 1012

Thanks for ideas and advice! I'll try to redo this experiment soon. Any ideas on how to make the drop bigger and to stick better? Do I need to put something in the water?

MinitecaPhotographie

Legend TEAM
3 4
May 9, 2020
Thanks for ideas and advice! I'll try to redo this experiment soon. Any ideas on how to make the drop bigger and to stick better? Do I need to put something in the water?
I don't know if some products added to water can improve the size of the droplet but higher magnification can do the same result...

Reactions: Guest 1012