Want critique Fly in rainy day.. Ö_Ö

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!
The member has asked criticism on his/her photo(s), please leave a constructive feedback.
EXIF
iso 800, f2.8, 1-125s,, stacked

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
Hi nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo. The fly looks a bit blurry. Was it windy outside as you've taken the stack?

1595594900900.png

The composition itself is very good and I really like the background with its colours. The dew drops on the fly are also great and gives the picture a special look.

Have you checked if the setting for the focus shift is correct? I know from my camera, that I can set the subtlety from 1 to 10. Means in which steps the camera moves the focus forward. You will get blurry areas if the setting is too rough.

The closer the lens comes to the subject and the smaller the aperture the smaller the focus shift should be.

Reactions: Karl and Jack

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Highly agree with Helix_2648 Helix_2648 , also there is lot of noise . probably because of high ISO, I mean 800, is not that much, but for some reason there are present noise in the picture.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

Welcome to the beautiful North of Europe :)
3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Hi nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo. The fly looks a bit blurry. Was it windy outside as you've taken the stack?

View attachment 6141

The composition itself is very good and I really like the background with its colours. The dew drops on the fly are also great and gives the picture a special look.

Have you checked if the setting for the focus shift is correct? I know from my camera, that I can set the subtlety from 1 to 10. Means in which steps the camera moves the focus forward. You will get blurry areas if the setting is too rough.

The closer the lens comes to the subject and the smaller the aperture the smaller the focus shift should be.

Danke shön Helix_2648 Helix_2648 🙏🙏🙏 for very useful comment,
Yeah , that they was rainy and windy, and I kept camera in one hand and umbrellas in another 😁 so although this quite glad for the result 🤭
Interesting.. I need to look on my settings...

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
Highly agree with Helix_2648 Helix_2648 , also there is lot of noise . probably because of high ISO, I mean 800, is not that much, but for some reason there are present noise in the picture.

Thanks Jack Jack , I think the noise isn't big problem on the picture 🤣🤭
And what do you think guys about cropping? Still thinking about.. but l like the background too...😁

Helix_2648

Real-Typer
Legend TEAM
5 3
Apr 20, 2020
I just want to mention that your skills becomes better and better nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo. We all are not without failures. You know from my pictures that they not free of failures. Sometimes you find some stacking failures and sometimes a bit wrong framing. So don't be disappointed.

nataliaflejszar&Photo

3 2
Apr 18, 2020
I just want to mention that your skills becomes better and better nataliaflejszar&Photo nataliaflejszar&Photo. We all are not without failures. You know from my pictures that they not free of failures. Sometimes you find some stacking failures and sometimes a bit wrong framing. So don't be disappointed.

Thank you so much Helix_2648 Helix_2648 for your lovely words 🤩🙏☀️. Is hard to make perfect pictures 😃. But we need to try best and became better Photographers 🙏😃☀️💗