Forum Activity Dropping

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Join now!

Jack

Love Macro
Staff member
3 3 1
Mar 13, 2020
Dear members,

I've decided to open this topic, due of our forum activity dropping down. I would like to discuss about it, to make sure that WE Staff members are doing right and we are on the right path. Activity on site really dropped down since last month. We were thinking maybe because everyone are on holidays and don't have time, which is totally fine.

Personally would like to know if there is something where needed to be improved, implemented , added or polishing. I really hope that these who joined us, or at least these who are posting regularly can call this site ''HOME'' .

There are still some work to do on site, but most important to know for me, is if you/everyone does enjoy this site. As my target was to build something unique for those who are looking for something more than just an online site where to drop images, to discuss, share experience, skills and most important , to have fun, these was the main keys when I did opened this site.

I fully understand that this site is not for everyone, and not everyone will want to join, or not everyone will feel confident to post here. Some members might find this site complicated, which I do understand, and I tried to make it as simple as possible with features rich and well organised. Also this site has been built only to fit members needs, and to focus on everyone's niche.

Looking forward for your opinions, suggestions , ideas and critiques.

Best regards.

Last edited:

Greg

Legend TEAM
3 1
May 22, 2020
Hi Jack Jack ! I hope you're fine. Yes, holidays are the primary cause of droping down ^^
The website is pretty good, yes, not easy to use when you're new, but with time it comes easy ^^
I think we can create more "challenge" thread, but more open.
I mean, challenge for newbies, challenges subject more open, like "colors".
For exemple, create a challenge :" Red color".
Then, create a kind of "vote" to know who we'll be the winner.

I'll try to keep and share more thread, but i need time ^^

panos_adgr

1 2
Apr 23, 2020
Dear Jack and administration team.

I might not be of the most active members, but I have to say that I like this forum.
For me personally, August was a month that I couldn't have much free time (surprisingly) although being in holidays.

Without being absolutely sure, I believe that summer vacation do play a role in activity drop. For me at least it did...

Macroderie is an active forum at least in what I receive as a sense. I have to say that is greatly supported by some members which is great for them and for the rest of us as well.
I really do not have any suggestions that would be of great importance... What I see as a member is a forum platform that is constantly improved aesthetically (design) and content wise.

The only thing that comes in my mind is that Macroderie is a very dedicated Macro Photography forum that is involved with its stated subject / theme. Maybe photographers feel sometimes that they would like to have some 'space' for other themes but that maybe, would bias the forum to a more general direction...

Being in a global network, from the other hand, gives the opportunity and access to a large number of people to sign in and find their macro photography space.

I invited to participate in Macroderie and this made me respect this place, and also created the urge to support it the way I can.
It is a new forum and I think time will tell...
As a suggestion I could think the possibility of (maybe) inviting some people that are known and support the forum, like let's say Lee Hall who is a Macro photographer (and new ambitious vloger).

As I member I can say clearly that the administration team does a great job and this forum is a really nice place.
Time will tell and I believe things will improve as we enter Autumn.

Edit;
I send a message to Mr Lee Hall to join us in the forum. Wish he does. He does great Macro work and has plenty of diy accessory knowledge.

Edit 2
I don't know what I've done... But during edit I posted my message again. I'm sorry.

Please delete the previous and my apologies for this.

Last edited:

Paul Iddon

Aug 20, 2020
The style is different and may take some getting used to.

I agree, holidays do have an effect, but also I think at the moment, the pandemic is a factor to consider.

However, hopefully members will keep the site moving forward for all to enjoy.

Paul.

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020
I only joined yesterday and I know that I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw and it looks to be a great site but I'm struggling to figure it all out, don't even know how you post images here! Seems harder to work out than sites like flickr and 500px. When I work it out I will post a lot I guess.
Hi TomM I am a new member to I had this problem as well in the beginning šŸ˜… but it is worth it šŸ˜
go for the left hand side top tree line click then New posts than Poste thread...

View attachment 15176

View attachment 15177

Attachments

• IMG_20200822_075727.md.jpg
    IMG_20200822_075727.md.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200822_075800.md.jpg
    IMG_20200822_075800.md.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 0

Bihari

Jul 27, 2020
Hi Everyone yesterday my wife asked me about this website like what is it for it is any good or not ..ect .
I think this is a very grate website and grate community for macro photographers because everyone is doing the best they can and try to help others to grow and improve with advice , opinions or critics. What for I am grateful :)
Also I really like the games and the different themes as well is make you try new things ( like B&W macro ... )

Maybe I am not the most active member of the group but Yes Jack I can call it a HOME :D
(My activity will be even less soon but because we will move to an other house so my apologies
)
A suggestion : I am not sure how many of us on the website but maybe is we invite more people the activity will grow .

TomM

Aug 21, 2020
I only joined yesterday and I know that I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw and it looks to be a great site but I'm struggling to figure it al out, don't even know how you post images here! Seems harder to work out than sites like flickr and 500px. When I work it out I will post a lot I guess
Hi Everyone yesterday my wife asked me about this website like what is it for it is any good or not ..ect .
I think this is a very grate website and grate community for macro photographers because everyone is doing the best they can and try to help others to grow and improve with advice , opinions or critics. What for I am grateful :)
Also I really like the games and the different themes as well is make you try new things ( like B&W macro ... )

Maybe I am not the most active member of the group but Yes Jack I can call it a HOME :D
(My activity will be even less soon but because we will move to an other house so my apologies
)
A suggestion : I am not sure how many of us on the website but maybe is we invite more people the activity will grow .
[automerge]1598087340[/automerge]
I only joined yesterday and I know that I'm not the sharpest knife in the draw and it looks to be a great site but I'm struggling to figure it al out, don't even know how you post images here! Seems harder to work out than sites like flickr and 500px. When I work it out I will post a lot I guess
Hi TomM I am a new member to I had this problem as well in the beginning šŸ˜… but it is worth it šŸ˜
go for the left hand side top tree line click then New posts than Poste thread...

View attachment 15180

View attachment 15181
Thank you that was a great help. Tom

Attachments

• IMG_20200822_075727.md.jpg
    IMG_20200822_075727.md.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20200822_075800.md.jpg
    IMG_20200822_075800.md.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Jack and Bihari

Leraymurat

1 1
Jun 4, 2020
Hello,

I have been a member for quite a short time, and it took me a little while to adapt to using the forum ... not always very intuitive. But with a little use, it's fine!
If I may allow myself a few remarks, I find the interface and the graphics not always very successful, but this is a personal opinion and therefore, questionable.
As for the use and the frequentation of the site, I can say that I will certainly be much less present after the summer since I mainly photograph insects ... and in winter they are much rarer!
The challenges are a good way to encourage us to renew ourselves, and it is one of the main interests of this site! But it would be interesting if certain publications were commented on by their authors, techniques used, equipment, possible software retouching, and why not explanations on the species photographed for the photos of animals or plants.

These are remarks made a bit out of order, but I will conclude by saying that I like it here and that I will continue to publish there ... as long as my favorite subjects are present!

Thank you all